Re: Kite Stores in Cinci Area?

  • R Agar
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2011
      This year, Airwaves Kitefest has two kite stores that will set up shop for the 2 days of the festival:

      www.windstarkites.com will be back for their third year as a kite vendor.

      www.chicagokite.com will be in their second year at Airwaves.

      Both will tailor their inventory for the general public (ie less expensive kites) so you may want to check out their websites and contact them if there is something in particular you are interested in so they may include it in their inventory.  Both do handle serious stunt kites as well as the low end stuff.

      Airwaves Kitefest is the signature event of PIGS Aloft and we really need more volunteers this year or we will have to curtail some of the activities planned for the festival.  It will be your chance to meet most of PIGS Aloft members and many Hoosier Kitefliers Society who helps us put on the Festival.  It is also a chance to see some national champion level kite ballet performances on our two performance fields with teams flying their routines to music.  Check out details at www.airwaveskitefest.com and contact PIGS Aloft to volunteer and get further details.

      Rick Agar
      PIGS Aloft
    • hart5j@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
        The club members are correct in that there are no "kite stores" in Cincinnati.  However, there are places in town that sell some decent kites.    Flags USA in Hyde Park and next to Jungle Jim's in Fairfield of Route 4 has a decent selection of kites and does sell some 2 line stunt kites.  Their selection is limited to mainly to GFAK and Newtech.   However, if you are specifically looking for controllable kites the information you have received already is the best advise.   Come to the Airwaves Kite Fest April 9th & 10th and there will be vendors there to help you and experienced kite flyers that will teach you how to fly them.  And best of all it's free!

        Regards,

        John A. Hart
        P.I.G.S Aloft Kite Club
        Cincinnati, Ohio