Kite Stores in Cinci Area?

  • nustherapy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hello All,

      I'm new to the area, just moved here from New England over the winter and was wondering if there are any kite stores in the area. Looking for mostly dual stunt and thinking about a quad as well.
    • Jerry McGuire
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
        Unfortunately, there are no kite stores in the Cinci area, none in Southern Ohio or Kentucky. However, next weekend WGUC and PIGS Aloft are having a kitefest at VOA Park in West Chester North of Cinci. There will be at least one kite store at this event.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:22 PM, "nustherapy" <nus@...> wrote:

        Hello All,

        I'm new to the area, just moved here from New England over the winter and was wondering if there are any kite stores in the area. Looking for mostly dual stunt and thinking about a quad as well.

      • Angie Chau
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2011
          There's an online-only vendor in Ft. Wayne, IN who sells duals and maybe quads.  The link is: http://www.imperialkites.com/.

          Angie
          Hoosier Kitefliers Society

          --- On Sat, 4/2/11, nustherapy <nus@...> wrote:
          Hello All,

          I'm new to the area, just moved here from New England over the winter and was wondering if there are any kite stores in the area.  Looking for mostly dual stunt and thinking about a quad as well.
        • R Agar
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2011
            This year, Airwaves Kitefest has two kite stores that will set up shop for the 2 days of the festival:

            www.windstarkites.com will be back for their third year as a kite vendor.

            www.chicagokite.com will be in their second year at Airwaves.

            Both will tailor their inventory for the general public (ie less expensive kites) so you may want to check out their websites and contact them if there is something in particular you are interested in so they may include it in their inventory.  Both do handle serious stunt kites as well as the low end stuff.

            Airwaves Kitefest is the signature event of PIGS Aloft and we really need more volunteers this year or we will have to curtail some of the activities planned for the festival.  It will be your chance to meet most of PIGS Aloft members and many Hoosier Kitefliers Society who helps us put on the Festival.  It is also a chance to see some national champion level kite ballet performances on our two performance fields with teams flying their routines to music.  Check out details at www.airwaveskitefest.com and contact PIGS Aloft to volunteer and get further details.

            Rick Agar
            PIGS Aloft
          • hart5j@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
              The club members are correct in that there are no "kite stores" in Cincinnati.  However, there are places in town that sell some decent kites.    Flags USA in Hyde Park and next to Jungle Jim's in Fairfield of Route 4 has a decent selection of kites and does sell some 2 line stunt kites.  Their selection is limited to mainly to GFAK and Newtech.   However, if you are specifically looking for controllable kites the information you have received already is the best advise.   Come to the Airwaves Kite Fest April 9th & 10th and there will be vendors there to help you and experienced kite flyers that will teach you how to fly them.  And best of all it's free!

              Regards,

              John A. Hart
              P.I.G.S Aloft Kite Club
              Cincinnati, Ohio