Re: indiana trick clinic

  • Chris Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
      I got out their a bit early at 9:40. Only 2 others were there and
      the winds were howling at around 15-18mph. The temperature was
      probably around 38 with some wind chill. Castor was the next on the
      scene and we moved our cars to make a "camp". Then we all hung
      around and chatted till Mark K. and some more showed up. Everyone
      got out a kite and took to the field to stake their claim. As the
      day moved on it slowly got warmer and the winds would drop to a
      perfect 5 mph but most of the time it was between 10 and 15. There
      were 11 people total including 2 kids. There was plenty of sun. I'm
      burnt to prove it. Anyhow I had a great time, learned a few things,
      met some new people I'm sure to remember, and enjoyed the weather for
      what it was. I'll probably be attending a few more in the future for
      fun. Anyone wanting to learn how to trick a sport kite should attend
      at least one of these events.

      --- In PIGSaloft@yahoogroups.com, "Grant" <lnglovett@...> wrote:

      > How about a report Chris ! The wind was good here in Indianapolis
      so
      > hopefully there was some up there too. I knwo that muncie is a
      > beautiful field : )
      >
      > --- In PIGSaloft@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Taylor" <lowerdfool@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Well the indiana trick clinic is tomorrow april 8th.
      > > It starts at 10am and goes till 4pm or whenever everyone is tired
      > of
      > > flying.
      > > It's in Muncie, IN @
      > >
      > > Academy of Model Aeronautics
      > > 5161 E. Memorial Drive
      > > Muncie, Indiana 47302
      > >
      > > I'll be heading out early in the morning to get up there with
      time
      > > spare. I know no one else has joined the group yet but figured
      I'd