Re: [PIGSaloft] New to group

  • hart5j@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2009
      Hi Jason:
      My name is John and I'm one of the Pigs.  The festival is at the VOA (Voice of America) park.  It is a very large park made from the remains of the Voice of America gov. complex.  You may have remembered all the radio towers off of I-75 as a kid.  That's the place.  The front is the old building which is now a museum, the back is the large park with soccer fileds and baseball fields.

      We have the park's fields broken up and roped off into flying fields:  Show Areas (Chicago Fire) & (I-Quad), Kite Club field, stunt & demo field, childrens field and 2 large Open fly fields.    You are more than welcome to join us in the AKA club(s) field or if you wish to go into the open fields that's fine also.   Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself.  I probably be on safety patrol or flying the PIGS Aloft club kite (can't miss it).

      The club flys every 2nd Sunday of every month (weather permitting) from noon -5 PM in front of the VOA museum off of Tylersville road. If the weather's good we usual attract a nice crowd.

      Hope that helps!

      John Hart

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25, 2009
        Thanks a lot John! - very excited about IQuad being there - john and his guys are some of the coolest kiters you would ever want to meet - on and off the field.  Def. see you there.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 25, 2009
          Welcome, Jason! You are very fortunate to have lots of Kiters and Clubs in the Ohio and Great Lakes regions. Also the Padre Island connection you have, this all reminds me somewhat of my beginnings with the AKA and organized Kiting back in 1977 in San Diego, when I was 13. Having lots of people to fly with and consistent winds helps you to keep the enthusiasm. Here in Colorado, it can be like "Beating a dead Horse" to keep a club going and not have to Fly Alone, even on our 2nd. Sunday. However, we do have 2 festivals in April, I hope that more interest in kites and new Fliers are a result from these events.
          Mr. Robin McCracken
          AKA member, also with Foothills Kite Club, Colorado.

          --- In PIGSaloft@yahoogroups.com, "ohponydriver" <ohponydriver@...> wrote:

          > hey everyone - Im jason, wanted to thank you for letting me join. Little about me - Im 31 and love to fly...favorite fly right now is a toss up between my Widown Maker custom and my Griffin - both sweet kites. Also like to get out med. single lines with all the laundry. Favoite place to fly is the flats of South Padre Island - My Family owns B&S kites on the island - great kite fest first weekend of Feb every year if you ever get a chance to go...lots of reps from Premiere, new tech, John Beressi and the IQuad team do a rev clinic and free lessons (if you have never seen John fly, it is incredible..look him up on you-tube). - great time if your ever in the area!!
          >
          > Some questions - Live in Wilmington but have never been to your festival... are there fields or area for free fly? Also do you guys get together to fly during the weekends ever?
          >
          > Thanks again and hope to fly with some of you soon.
          >
          > Jason Wright
          > ohponydriver@...

        • Chris Taylor
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 26, 2009
            Correction, it will be team 180 GO! from IKE.  Although Mike Kori is part of team I-quad when they are around this area.  They will be at the Great Lakes Kitefest in Grand Haven, MI though.

            Jason, my name is Chris Taylor (29) and I'm in Vandalia (just north of Dayton)  I'd be up for flying as well.  If you want to meet the group of PIGS Aloft, we will be meeting this Sunday for our media day event.  I can probably show you some tricks as far as dual line flying goes.  Been flying for about 15 years or so.  I also have a pretty large "bag" of kites. . . lol  My latest kite is a Vendetta by Viper sport kites.  I suggest you check out www.gwtwforum.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26, 2009
              thanks chris sounds good - shoot me an email and well do some flying.