Re: indiana trick clinic

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 8:18 PM
      How about a report Chris ! The wind was good here in Indianapolis so
      hopefully there was some up there too. I knwo that muncie is a
      beautiful field : )

      --- In PIGSaloft@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Taylor" <lowerdfool@...>
      wrote:

      > Well the indiana trick clinic is tomorrow april 8th.
      > It starts at 10am and goes till 4pm or whenever everyone is tired
      of
      > flying.
      > It's in Muncie, IN @
      >
      > Academy of Model Aeronautics
      > 5161 E. Memorial Drive
      > Muncie, Indiana 47302
      >
      > I'll be heading out early in the morning to get up there with time
      > spare. I know no one else has joined the group yet but figured I'd
      post
      > this on here for just cause. :-) Hopefully over this weekend I
      can get
      > a few more people on this list so we don't have to continue adding
      100
      > addresses to an email for the club.

    • Chris Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11 12:59 PM
        I got out their a bit early at 9:40. Only 2 others were there and
        the winds were howling at around 15-18mph. The temperature was
        probably around 38 with some wind chill. Castor was the next on the
        scene and we moved our cars to make a "camp". Then we all hung
        around and chatted till Mark K. and some more showed up. Everyone
        got out a kite and took to the field to stake their claim. As the
        day moved on it slowly got warmer and the winds would drop to a
        perfect 5 mph but most of the time it was between 10 and 15. There
        were 11 people total including 2 kids. There was plenty of sun. I'm
        burnt to prove it. Anyhow I had a great time, learned a few things,
        met some new people I'm sure to remember, and enjoyed the weather for
        what it was. I'll probably be attending a few more in the future for
        fun. Anyone wanting to learn how to trick a sport kite should attend
        at least one of these events.