indiana trick clinic

  • Chris Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2006
      Well the indiana trick clinic is tomorrow april 8th.
      It starts at 10am and goes till 4pm or whenever everyone is tired of
      flying.
      It's in Muncie, IN @

      Academy of Model Aeronautics
      5161 E. Memorial Drive
      Muncie, Indiana 47302

      I'll be heading out early in the morning to get up there with time to
      spare. I know no one else has joined the group yet but figured I'd post
      this on here for just cause. :-) Hopefully over this weekend I can get
      a few more people on this list so we don't have to continue adding 100
      addresses to an email for the club.
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2006
        How about a report Chris ! The wind was good here in Indianapolis so
        hopefully there was some up there too. I knwo that muncie is a
        beautiful field : )

        --- In PIGSaloft@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Taylor" <lowerdfool@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
          I got out their a bit early at 9:40. Only 2 others were there and
          the winds were howling at around 15-18mph. The temperature was
          probably around 38 with some wind chill. Castor was the next on the
          scene and we moved our cars to make a "camp". Then we all hung
          around and chatted till Mark K. and some more showed up. Everyone
          got out a kite and took to the field to stake their claim. As the
          day moved on it slowly got warmer and the winds would drop to a
          perfect 5 mph but most of the time it was between 10 and 15. There
          were 11 people total including 2 kids. There was plenty of sun. I'm
          burnt to prove it. Anyhow I had a great time, learned a few things,
          met some new people I'm sure to remember, and enjoyed the weather for
          what it was. I'll probably be attending a few more in the future for
          fun. Anyone wanting to learn how to trick a sport kite should attend
          at least one of these events.