Gene Lewandowski's passing

  • Robin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      Saddened to hear about this. I miss all of my Kite Buddies who have passed on.

      If anyone has a picture of him and can write a short "kite obituary" about him, please send to Phil Broder at the AKA Magazine ASAP as it's about to go to press. kitephil (at) gmail.com
      Thanks
      Robin Mc, AKA Region 7 Director

      Eugene J. Lewandowski
      (July 13, 1932 - January 26, 2013)

      Eugene ("Gene") Joseph Lewandowski, son of Walter and Josephine (Mazur)
      Lewandowski passed away peacefully on Saturday, January 26, 2013. He is survived
      by his high school sweetheart and wife Dorothy (Keeran) Lewandowski of 58 years;
      daughters Linda Kerr, Patricia (Bill) Bunting, Theresa (David) Wiley and Mary
      (Travis) Buck; grandchildren, Colleen, Daniel, Jasmine, Gwen and Caitlin and
      great grandchildren Brandon and Dillon. He was born in Cleveland, Ohio on July
      13, 1932 and graduated from James Ford Rhodes High School in 1951. By trade Gene
      was a wood pattern maker until he retired from Production Pattern. He was a
      member of the Ohio Society for the Elevation of Kites and was known as the
      bubble man by many children and their parents. With his wife, he spent countless
      hours sharing the love of kites with others. Visitation Friday, February 1st
      from 2-4 & 6-8 p.m. at Tomon Funeral Homes, 7327 Pearl Road, (S. of Bagley),
      Middleburg Heights, Ohio 44130. Service on Saturday, February 2nd at 10:00 a.m.,
      Tomon Funeral Home. Internment immediately following at Holy Cross Cemetery,
      14609 Brookpark Road, Brookpark, Ohio 44142.
    • R Agar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 2.3 MB
      Phil,

      Hope one of these addresses gets to you.  Attached is a photo of Gene Lewandowski with his wife Dorothy with their "Bottom Half" and soccer ball at Airwaves Kitefest.  Dorothy and Gene were regular fixtures at the Airwaves Kitefest over the years and their soccer player was always a big hit on the soccer fields.  Photo by R Messmer.

      Rick Agar