78Re: New to group

  • Mr. Robin Mc
    Mar 25, 2009
      Welcome, Jason! You are very fortunate to have lots of Kiters and Clubs in the Ohio and Great Lakes regions. Also the Padre Island connection you have, this all reminds me somewhat of my beginnings with the AKA and organized Kiting back in 1977 in San Diego, when I was 13. Having lots of people to fly with and consistent winds helps you to keep the enthusiasm. Here in Colorado, it can be like "Beating a dead Horse" to keep a club going and not have to Fly Alone, even on our 2nd. Sunday. However, we do have 2 festivals in April, I hope that more interest in kites and new Fliers are a result from these events.
      Mr. Robin McCracken
      AKA member, also with Foothills Kite Club, Colorado.

      --- In PIGSaloft@yahoogroups.com, "ohponydriver" <ohponydriver@...> wrote:

      > hey everyone - Im jason, wanted to thank you for letting me join. Little about me - Im 31 and love to fly...favorite fly right now is a toss up between my Widown Maker custom and my Griffin - both sweet kites. Also like to get out med. single lines with all the laundry. Favoite place to fly is the flats of South Padre Island - My Family owns B&S kites on the island - great kite fest first weekend of Feb every year if you ever get a chance to go...lots of reps from Premiere, new tech, John Beressi and the IQuad team do a rev clinic and free lessons (if you have never seen John fly, it is incredible..look him up on you-tube). - great time if your ever in the area!!
      >
      > Some questions - Live in Wilmington but have never been to your festival... are there fields or area for free fly? Also do you guys get together to fly during the weekends ever?
      >
      > Thanks again and hope to fly with some of you soon.
      >
      > Jason Wright
      > ohponydriver@...

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic