28O.S.E.K. Kite Building Mini-Retreat

  • Nancy Lockwood / Harry Gregory
    Dec 30, 2007
      BACK BY POPULAR REQUEST

      At the OSEK fall club meeting a winter kite-building workshop came up
      for discussion. Several of those in attendance were at the 2006
      workshop and enjoyed it so much they asked if I would plan another one
      for this winter. I have done that. This year we have invited master
      kite maker Cliff Quinn to lead us in our kite making experience.
      Everything is set for our 2008 mini retreat.

      The dates are February 9 & 10, 2008. This year we will construct one
      kite over the two-day period. The kite we selected is a cellular
      kite, the same one he is teaching at the Ft. Warden retreat in March.
      Since we are only making one kite it will be necessary for everyone
      to begin on Saturday and finish up on Sunday. Lunch and hall rental
      will be included in the cost, so you will only need to bring yourself
      and your equipment. I will make arrangements at a local restaurant
      Saturday night for a group gathering. If you are interested in
      joining us, let me know when you register for the workshop.

      This kite will require straight stitching for the most part, but it
      should be an interesting project for beginners and experienced kite
      builders alike. If you are a beginner, we will have plenty of
      experienced kite makers available to give you individual attention and
      if you are experienced there are always new and useful techniques that
      can be picked up. The cost of this workshop is $100.00. All of the
      necessary materials for the project will be provided in kit form at
      the workshop.

      This workshop will be limited to 15 participants, so get your
      reservations in early. You will need to bring your sewing machine,
      scissors, thread, needles, straight edge and any other equipment you
      normally use when sewing. Please be familiar with the sewing machine
      you bring and know how to set it up and adjust it.

      The location for the workshop is the same as in previous years. It is
      the brick building adjacent to Shore Haven Lutheran Church in Euclid.
      The address for the church is 280 East 222 St. Euclid, OH. Drive to
      the north end of the church parking lot to unload your equipment
      through the back door of the building. Please be at your machine and
      ready to sew at 9:15 am. To register you can call Bob Lockhart call
      or Email me. Because of logistics involved I will require your
      payment at the time you register. We are looking forward to seeing
      you there for a fun weekend. Personally I am looking forward to coming
      away from this workshop with a unique and colorful kite.

      Bob Lockhart
      216.731.3639
      rflock@...

      O.S.E.K. Kite Building Mini-Retreat