The Battle-Ax People: Beginnings of Western Culture

  • Ken Pfrenger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
      Has anyone read "The Battle-Ax People: Beginnings of Western Culture"
      by Olivia Vlahos? I just ordered a copy through ABE booksearch on the
      strength of the title alone....what can I expect?

      Ken
    • CeiSerith@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        In a message dated 7/2/2004 5:28:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        kenpfrenger@... writes:

        > Has anyone read "The Battle-Ax People: Beginnings of Western Culture"
        > by Olivia Vlahos? I just ordered a copy through ABE booksearch on the
        > strength of the title alone....what can I expect?

        I haven't read it. Let us know how it turns out.

        Ceisiwr Serith

      • Ken Pfrenger
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2004
          On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 10:36:56 -0400 (EDT), <CeiSerith@...> wrote:

          > In a message dated 7/2/2004 5:28:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > kenpfrenger@... writes:
          >
          >> Has anyone read "The Battle-Ax People: Beginnings of Western Culture"
          >> by Olivia Vlahos? I just ordered a copy through ABE booksearch on the
          >> strength of the title alone....what can I expect?
          >>
          > I haven't read it. Let us know how it turns out.

          Money best spent elsewhere:( I can't decide if this is a book for young
          readers or if it just sucks:) Even though it was written in 1968 almost
          all the actual data used is from V Gordon Childes "Aryans". Lots of
          outdated info even for 1968. Lots of just outright errors...overall I will
          just thank the *Deiwos that I only dropped $11 for it.

          Ken