Paracelsus's "Treatise"...

  • Wade
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2011
      Hey guys, I'm researching something and trying to find myself a copy of alchemist Paracelsus's "Treatise on Elemental Sprites" with absolutely NO luck! Anyone know where I could find this work in print?! Been Googling that on and off again for more than a year to no avail... Also, does anyone know which occultist or ancient philosopher it might have been who attributed various qualities to the elements (eg. intellect for Air, and emotion for Water)? I haven't the foggiest idea; and, this is something I'd love to look into. But, I would def. appreciate a nudge in the right direction. ;o)

      Take Care,
      Wade
    • xensyria
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2013

        Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I'd just been trying to find this without luck, until I realised that the title refers to his "Liber de Nymphis, sylphis, pygmaeis et salamandris et de caeteris spiritibus". There's a modern translation partly available on Google books.

        ---In piereligion@yahoogroups.com, <Wade@...> wrote:

        Hey guys, I'm researching something and trying to find myself a copy of alchemist Paracelsus's "Treatise on Elemental Sprites" with absolutely NO luck! Anyone know where I could find this work in print?! Been Googling that on and off again for more than a year to no avail... Also, does anyone know which occultist or ancient philosopher it might have been who attributed various qualities to the elements (eg. intellect for Air, and emotion for Water)? I haven't the foggiest idea; and, this is something I'd love to look into. But, I would def. appreciate a nudge in the right direction. ;o)

        Take Care,
        Wade
      • rainspiritdragon13
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2014
          Thank you so much for posting the name of the book that includes Paracelsius' Treatise of Elemental Sprites!  I just found mention of this in another book and was searching for a copy of it to read!
          Blessed be,
          Melanie