A New ARticle Being Published!

  • Wade MacMorrighan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18 11:42 AM
      Hey guys, just thought I'd anounce that a new article of mine has been published (from a MS. I'm working on re: the history of the Sabbats called, "Whence the Witches' Sabbat") in the annual British Pagan journal, "Silver Wheel"; my contribution is quite lengthy one (well, depending upon how it was ultimately edited, anyway). It used to be quarterly, but now is being published annualy in a paperback format. My article deals with the hearth-goddess motif and I argue
      for its shamanic [Siberian/ Mongolian] antecedants in a pre-IE [perhaps even Kurgan] context. But, wouldn't you know it: after the deadline, when it was sent off to the printers, I was brousing through my local Half Price Bookstore and founds several books worth of data that I could have added to it. :o) So, if you'd like to read my article, please support the 'zine and buy a copy! Here's a link: http://www.merciangathering.com/silverwheel/index.htm

      Take Care,
      Wade MacMorrighan
    • bhmsympatico
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29 4:47 AM
        Wade,
        I really want to read your essay. When is it coming out?
      • Wade MacMorrighan
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30 4:30 PM
          >>>Wade, I really want to read your essay. When is it coming out?<<<

          It should be available any day, now; but, you don't have to wait for it to be available to order it...if yopu pre-order it from the site I gave, below, it'll be mailed to you the moment that it's released. And, if you live in the US it should read you (as it likely will me, 'cause I get a free copy! *G*) by the second week or June.
        • bhmsympatico
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
            Wade,
            Can you give me the article's title so that I make sure that I'm buying the correct issue.
          • Wade MacMorrighan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
              Yes, the article is called "The Feast of thr Flame"; but, it's in the only/ and first annual magazine now available for "Silver Wheel" [2009].