Re: [PIEreligion] Correlates

  • CeiSerith@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2007
      In a message dated 1/18/2007 8:58:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      xthanex@... writes:

      >So I'm pondering a few loose threads:
      ---Any idea of Vedic or Iranian correlates to...

      >Mars?

      Definitely Indra. Mars was, I'm convinced, originally the Roman Striker.
      He is connected with both war and agriculture, and there were two colleges
      of priests who danced with bronze shields on of which he had thrown down from
      heaven, which sound like thunderbolts to me.

      Ceisiwr Serith

    • A.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2007
        --- In PIEreligion@yahoogroups.com, CeiSerith@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/18/2007 8:58:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        > xthanex@... writes:
        >
        > >So I'm pondering a few loose threads:
        > ---Any idea of Vedic or Iranian correlates to...
        >
        > >Mars?
        >

        > Definitely Indra. Mars was, I'm convinced, originally the
        Roman Striker.
        > He is connected with both war and agriculture, and there were two
        colleges
        > of priests who danced with bronze shields on of which he had
        thrown down from
        > heaven, which sound like thunderbolts to me.
        >
        > Ceisiwr Serith

        Interesting possibility. As you probably know, I see Indra more as
        Zeus/Herakles. Zeus in replacing his father, thunderbolts, etc... but
        Mars would be an interesting take on things.

        Regards,
        Aydan