This is a public site for people in Greater Pittsburgh and SW-PA who want to get involved with the Democracy for America movement. DFA is an outgrowth of Dean for America, but is open to all who support its ideals:
- Strong, sustained grassroots involvement in democracy (voting as an antidote to cynicism)
- Promoting an America where candidates and office holders tell the truth about policy choices and stand up for what they believe on major issues.
- Fighting against the influence and agenda of the two pillars of George W. Bush's Washington: the far right wing and their radical, divisive policies, and the selfish special interests who for too long have dominated politics.
- Support for progressive policies, like health care for all; investment in children; equal rights under law; fiscal responsibility; and a progressive national security policy that makes America stronger by engaging other countries as partners.
- Help defeat George W. Bush's allies and agenda, using the Internet and face-to-face grassroots contact to bring new people into the process.
- Support national, state, and local candidates in SWPA who stand for our principles.
- Encourage members of our grassroots to run for office and offer them tools to succeed.
This is primarily a posting place for PGH area Democracy for America Meetup members; to foster communication it is also open to other self-described progressives, working in concordant ways.
The list is mostly unmoderated, except for the first post. Announcements of progressive events or activities needing volunteers is strongly encouraged! Informational posts with action items added are also OK. Post news only if specifically relevant to SWPA & not otherwise available. Please take debate offlist. No "me too" posts. Don't like an action? Suggest your own. Spam or personal attacks get you banned. Enjoy!
- Mar 18, 2004
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.