08:02 PDA Bulletin - 9/11 and the Paradox of American Power

  • Charles Knight
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      The Project on Defense Alternatives has just completed a major update
      to its web sites and libraries. On our main page

      http://www.comw.org/pda/

      please take a look at two recent essays on the current US policy
      debate: "9/11 and the Paradox of American Power" and a revised and
      annotated version of "A Prisoner to Primacy".

      We also have updated our resource and policy library pages adding 800
      links to recent full-text articles on line. The resource pages are
      on our homepage, right column. They include Confronting Iran,
      Insurgent Iraq, Iraq Withdrawal & Exit Plans, India-US Strategic
      Relationship, and Neoliberal & Neoconservative Security Policy: Views,
      criticism, alternatives.

      The larger policy libraries each have their own pages. They include
      War Report, Occupation Distress, Chinese Military Power, Defense
      Strategy Review page, the RMA page (military transformation), and
      Terrorism/Counterterrorism/Homeland Security. All these (as well as
      our main site) can be accessed here:

      http://www.comw.org/infogate/

      And please take a look at the archives on the policy library pages.
      We've categorized links to about 15,000 fulltext articles, reports,
      and documents.

      Finally, we call your attention to an essay co-authored by a PDA board
      member, Neta Crawford: "The Real Surge of 2007: Non-Combatant Death in
      Iraq and Afghanistan." The link to this article appears on our War
      Report page (Iraq column):

      http://www.comw.org/warreport/