in the aftermath

  • Charles Knight
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      In the aftermath of the terrible 11 September PDA staff and board
      have written three new pieces, now available:

      The Temptations of a Wider War
      by Carl Conetta, PDA Briefing Memo #22, 28 September 2001.
      <http://www.comw.org/pda/0109bm22.html>

      What Justifies Military Intervention?
      by Charles Knight, PDA Commentary, 27 September 2001.
      <http://www.comw.org/pda/0109intervention.html>

      Fear Itself: Hazards of Massive Retaliation
      by Neta C. Crawford, PDA Guest Commentary, 14 September 2001.
      <http://www.comw.org/pda/0109crawford.html>

      We have also added new full text sources to the Asymmetric Warfare
      Page <http://www.comw.org/rma/fulltext/asymmetric.html> and
      the Terrorism and Counter-terrorism Page
      <http://www.comw.org/rma/fulltext/terrorism.html>
      of the RMA Debate Page.

      The Quadrennial Defense Review is scheduled to be released 30
      September 2001 and the QDR Page <http://www.comw.org/qdr/> will make
      it available within hours of its release in electronic form by the
      Office of the Secretary of Defense. Then, by the second week of
      October, we will have a new edition of the QDR Page posted with
      scores of new full text articles and documents on defense planning
      and strategy.