RE: [PCR1000] FURTHER:- New file uploaded to PCR1000

  • Roger Butler
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      I experienced no problems with the download although it took a while to
      find something to uncompress the .LZH file.
      I found a DOS program to do that here ->
      http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000022457

      Turns out this is revision 2.0 of IC-PCR1000 for Windows
      98/98SE/ME/2000/XP. I installed it on my XP machine and it looks to be
      the 'same old - same old'. I did notice that my installed DSP option did
      not crash the new revision at start up if the tool bar was showing. I
      have been running the older version under XP and had to either hide the
      toolbar or remove the DSP option. Hiding or relocating the toolbar has
      been deleted from the new revision. It simply displays all the time. The
      memory list displays and scrolls smoother and the com port dropdown now
      supports com 1 to com 10. The new revision installs in the Program
      Files\Icom\PCR1000 directory so it should not interfere with your
      current install of the old version.

      Interestingly enough, the install script, MCH files and the Help file
      are all in Japanese. There is also an additional application
      (Darc32.exe) included but it too is all in Japanese.

      Guess I'll have to brush up on my Japanese,

      Roger