DSP

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
      Hi. Sorry for the off topic request. Does anyone know how I can take audio
      from a tape recorder and clean it up using DSP software? I have a
      shirt-pocket recorder and the sound is only fair. I thought I could patch it
      into a laptop, record it as a .wav file, and then crush it through something
      to clean noise, improve fidelity, etc.

      The kludgey way is to play it into a transmitter, and using the DSP function
      in the FT-100 or the PCR-1000 receivers, clean it and re-record. But that's
      so many steps of analog conversion!

      Thanks

      Pres Waterman W2PW
      c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
      Long Island Ford and Kia dealer

      GO BILLS!
    • Pres Waterman
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
        Thank you ALL for the tips

      • willywilson451@yahoo.co.uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2001
          --- In PCR1000@y..., "Pres Waterman" <pres@1...> wrote:
          > Hi. Sorry for the off topic request. Does anyone know how I can
          take audio
          > from a tape recorder and clean it up using DSP software? I have a
          > shirt-pocket recorder and the sound is only fair. I thought I could
          patch it
          > into a laptop, record it as a .wav file, and then crush it through
          something
          > to clean noise, improve fidelity, etc.

          Hi Pres,

          If you're still needing info on this see my posting, message 63, of
          3/21/2001.

          73 de GM3NUF,
          Willy.
        • Pres Waterman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 29, 2001
            Good morning Pete.

            I have a problem and a suggestion about DSP and the PCR-1000.

            1 My DSP button in TalkPCR is greyed out. I think we talked before on
            this but didn't solve it. I am on 2.4 and it is a fresh install.

            2 On my Yaesu FT-847 and FT-100, their DSP does a pretty good emulation
            of a CW filter. Since the PCR-1000 has a minimum filter of 2.8KHz, could you
            make the DSP filter down to 500/300/200 Hz? I know it is not the same as IF
            filtering, but it still would help.

            Pres Waterman W2PW
            c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
            Long Island Ford and Kia dealer

            GO BILLS!

            Pres Waterman W2PW
            c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
            Long Island Ford and Kia dealer

            GO BILLS!
          • spacezephyr
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2002
              Hi All,

              Q's:

              1. Is the Icom UT-106 DSP Upgrade Kit of any value to install in the
              unit? Or a waste of money?

              2. Has anyone used with above with the Bonito CS40 software? Some
              dealers here in the USA are including the software with the purchase
              of a new PCR1000. DSP is in this package as the ad's say. Does one
              need both for the best in DSP use? Or is JUST the Icom UT-106 needed?

              Thanks in advance to all for any comments.

              Greg
            • bavarian1929
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
                Hi, I am transfering a lot of oldies (cassette) music to disk and cleaning it up quite nicely with "Audio Cleaning Lab" by Magix. Iys quite reasonably priced.

                Harry