Just an idea.

  • ·Pres Waterman·
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2002
      > From: "James Hazell" <james@...>
      > Subject: Re: Just an idea.
      >
      > Yeah I'm up for it.
      >
      > Word of caution for what content is streamed. I am missing one AR8000
      because of streaming 'sensitive' material.

      Uh, what?

      Thanks

      Pres Waterman W2PW
      c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
      Long Island Ford and Kia dealer

      GO BILLS!
      ©¿©
    • Rob Choc
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
        Would be a great idea if I could get my chat to work!

        I have tried everything to get it to work.

        I have Windows XP Pro, have tried to install latest version of Java
        VM.

        Microsoft no longer support JVM. They say that you need to install
        SP1, but this did not help.

        Could someone else please try with Windows XP, here is the URL:

        Regards Rob

        --- In PCR1000@y..., "Rob Choc" <cichockir@w...> wrote:
        > Let me know what you think about this idea.
        >
        > On the Yahoo groups page there is a link to a chat room for this
        > group.
        >
        > I think it would be a great idea if we started to use it, that way
        we
        > could walk each other through different aspects of our scanning
        hobby.
        > It's a great way to learn off each other.
        >
        > Maybe even have tutorial sessions, so we could all join in and have
        > go.
        > You can even stream your scanner live, for the rest of the group to
        > listen in.
        > Great for things like SSTV, you would be able to hear what it is
        > meant to sound like.
        >
        > In theory you could probably work with the audio that's being
        > transmitted in the chat room and do your decoding with that, great
        if
        > someone can pick up weather satellite signals well. (it would be
        > interesting to try this as an experiment)
        >
        > Regards Rob
      • pear3566
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
          Rob, Just been in , using XP (home) and SP1 installed....seemed ok.
          Didnt try out voice ----text only as I am in the office and dont
          fancy being carted away in the big white van!!!
          Steve

          --- In PCR1000@y..., "Rob Choc" <cichockir@w...> wrote:
          > Would be a great idea if I could get my chat to work!
          >
          > I have tried everything to get it to work.
          >
          > I have Windows XP Pro, have tried to install latest version of
          Java
          > VM.
          >
          > Microsoft no longer support JVM. They say that you need to
          install
          > SP1, but this did not help.
          >
          > Could someone else please try with Windows XP, here is the URL:
          >
          > Regards Rob
          >

          > --- In PCR1000@y..., "Rob Choc" <cichockir@w...> wrote:
          > > Let me know what you think about this idea.
          > >
          > > On the Yahoo groups page there is a link to a chat room for this
          > > group.
          > >
          > > I think it would be a great idea if we started to use it, that
          way
          > we
          > > could walk each other through different aspects of our scanning
          > hobby.
          > > It's a great way to learn off each other.
          > >
          > > Maybe even have tutorial sessions, so we could all join in and
          have
          > > go.
          > > You can even stream your scanner live, for the rest of the group
          > > listen in.
          > > Great for things like SSTV, you would be able to hear what it is
          > > meant to sound like.
          > >
          > > In theory you could probably work with the audio that's being
          > > transmitted in the chat room and do your decoding with that,
          great
          > if
          > > someone can pick up weather satellite signals well. (it would
          be
          > > interesting to try this as an experiment)
          > >
          > > Regards Rob
        • Rob Choc
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
            Thanks for the reply, but what version of IE (if that is what you are
            running) are you using? [look in help/about]

            Also do you know what version of JVM you have?

            I realy wont this to work, but as it stands, I'm failing miserably :(

            Regards Rob

          • James Hazell
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
              Apologies - those in the UK need to be careful. We do not have sensible legalisation in these matters!

              Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 2:38 PM
              Subject: [PCR1000] Just an idea.