Need some help please

  • Ric
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2012
      Newbie here.....don't pick on me too much. I'm trying to learn about trunking systems.

      I have a PCR-1000.

      All of the RI Police Departments have gone to this P25 system :

      http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4275

      If I manually put in all the frequencies and talk groups, can I use TRUNKPCR to listen to them?

      I think the answer is no because it is a P25 system but please correct me if I am wrong.

      Thanks in advance!
    • Jay
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2012
        Hi Ric,

        You are correct, TrunkPCR will not decode the P25 Audio by it self.
        However, you can download DSD for Windows here:
        "http://minus.com/mDdWS7LZK/"

        Click the dsd 1.6.zip "Download (1.0 MB) link...

        This will decode the P25 Audio from the PCR-1000's Packet Port.

        For more info on DSD, check out the RadioReference.com Forums...

        Regards,
        Jay

        > Newbie here.....don't pick on me too much. I'm trying to learn about
        trunking systems.

        > I have a PCR-1000.
        >
        > All of the RI Police Departments have gone to this P25 system :
        >
        > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4275
        >
        > If I manually put in all the frequencies and talk groups, can I use
        TRUNKPCR to listen to them?

        > I think the answer is no because it is a P25 system but please correct me
        if I am wrong.

        > Thanks in advance!
      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2012

          Hi,

          There's a page for DSD at:

          http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Digital_Speech_Decoder_%28software_package%29

          But it seems all the windows binary links are dead, (for me, at least) including the one Jay mentioned - except the "Backup Site for Windows binaries" link seems to work.

          I'm curious why there's only source for 1.4.1 available but Windows binaries for 1.6.  I haven't checked the forums though, and I guess that shouldn't matter anyway if you're just using the windows binaries..

          Cheers,

          Andrew

          > Newbie here.....don't pick on me too much. I'm trying to learn about
          trunking systems.

          > I have a PCR-1000.
          >
          > All of the RI Police Departments have gone to this P25 system :
          >
          > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4275
          >
          > If I manually put in all the frequencies and talk groups, can I use
          TRUNKPCR to listen to them?

          > I think the answer is no because it is a P25 system but please correct me
          if I am wrong.

          > Thanks in advance!

        • Ric
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 21, 2012
            Thank you gentlemen for your responses. I'll check it out.

            Ric