WTB: PCR-100, 1000, or 1500

  • phil_w2lie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2012
      I'm looking to buy another PCR model to replace my non-functioning PCR-1000. Seeing how much Icom charges per hour, I'm figuring I might as well look to replace the damaged unit and think about a repair later.. For those interested, I lost the receive on all modes and all bands. (It will however hear my HT when I key it up from across the room)

      So, if you have a PCR-100, 1000, or 1500 that you are thinking about selling, please let me know. You can contact me off-list at w2lie@...
    • q9lbk
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
        --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "phil_w2lie" <liquid_squelch@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking to buy another PCR model to replace my non-functioning PCR-1000. Seeing how much Icom charges per hour, I'm figuring I might as well look to replace the damaged unit and think about a repair later.. For those interested, I lost the receive on all modes and all bands. (It will however hear my HT when I key it up from across the room)
        >

        > So, if you have a PCR-100, 1000, or 1500 that you are thinking about selling, please let me know. You can contact me off-list at w2lie@...

        Still looking for pcr?
      • archieaa1
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
          Hello Everyone

          I had a similar thing happen with my pcr-1000. We had a near hit during a thunderstorm. I was enough to make my PCR1000 almost deaf. I contacted a couple of Icom authorized service centers out here (NY state area) and got the cold shoulder. One shop just flat out said I won't look at anything that's a possible ESD problem. Icom are you listening? That's no way to keep customers. Even if the shops are independent, they do represent you. The good news is the center out in St. Joesph Michigan took the work on and did a great job repairing it. He knew the rig and told me that they are a little sensitive to ESD. I sent it out to him and while I don't have the bill in front of me as it was a little less than 2 years ago but, my memory was it was less than $150 with shipping. Well worth it. It's been fine ever since. I can't say enough good things about the service he provided. It was really clear to me that the shops out here want to do commercial radio repair and have no interest in working on Ham radios even if they say they do.

          Just my 2 cents

          I hope this helps

          Archie
          N8OBM