Newbie

  • kb9bvn
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2010
      I just bought a PCR-1000 and I plan to use it for SW listening more than anything else. I have seen several of these receivers accessible over the WWW...I would like to set something like that up as well. Are there any sites I can visit that would instruct me in doing that?

      73 de KB9BVN
    • Mark J Culross
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2010
        The Ham Radio Deluxe program is excellent for controlling the PCR-1000 (as well as many other radios) & it allows remote operations over the internet, although I have not personally used it in that way.

        Mark J Culross

        I just bought a PCR-1000 and I plan to use it for SW listening more than anything else. I have seen several of these receivers accessible over the WWW...I would like to set something like that up as well. Are there any sites I can visit that would instruct me in doing that?

        73 de KB9BVN

      • Jay
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2010
          PCR Remote is designed just for this type of operation, you can download it
          here:
          http://members.cox.net/5150soft/PcrRemote/PcrRemoteDwnld.html

          Jay

          > I just bought a PCR-1000 and I plan to use it for SW listening more than
          anything else. I have seen several of these receivers accessible over the
          WWW...I would like to set something like that up as well. Are there any
          sites I can visit that would instruct me in doing that?

          > 73 de KB9BVN
        • james
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2010
            I agree, Ham Radio deluxe is nice, just one little anomaly is the "IF Shift" slider at the bottom I always rightclick on it and select "center", for some odd reason it will show to be center but listening to SSB you can hear it is off to one side, but when you rightclick on it and select "center" it corrects the problem.

            screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/OvzD6.jpg

            --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, Mark J Culross <mjculross@...> wrote:

            > The Ham Radio Deluxe program is excellent for controlling the PCR-1000 (as well
            > as many other radios) & it allows remote operations over the internet, although
            > I have not personally used it in that way.
            >
            > Mark J Culross
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2010
              Hi..

              You may be thinking of "Glabaltuners":-
              http://www.globaltuners.com/

              Not just PCR's, but many RX's arround the globe made available for other
              people to use.

              http://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/share.php

              Gives the info you may need to start with.

              However, first register with the site (free) and try a few remote RX's,
              see if you still wish to make a server available.

              It's not dificult, but there are things you need to address, if putting
              up something that others outside your LAN can access. (Security related,
              also your ISP may cotton on and object, I've never heard of that
              happening, but.....)

              Plus you need a 24/7 broadband connection to make it worthwhile, and so
              you can still use the 'net if needed.

              Regards.

              Dave G0WBX.