Re: Contact details for I0CG?

  • exmatelot853
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2010
      Hi Alan,

      I too am interested in PC independent control of the pcr1000, did you discover any more information?

      Neil

      --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "a_strong@..." <A_Strong@...> wrote:

      > Many thanks for the information Mark. I am now in contact with Guiliano.
      >
      > Alan S

    • Dave Baxter
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2010
        Check in the group archives.

        There should be lots of stuff in there re PCR1000 command codes, and who
        does what software etc.

        Not dificult to DIY a program yourself, but not exactly straightforward
        either.

        Dave B
        G0WBX(G8KBV)

      • exmatelot853
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2010
          Sorry my mistake I didn't make myself clear enough.

          I was interested in a hardware controller so that I might be able to do
          away with the PC entirely, potentially for mobile use.

          Alternatively I guess I could use a netbook.

          Thank you for the response.

          Neil

          On 04/05/2010 09:31, Dave Baxter wrote:

          > Check in the group archives.
          >
          > There should be lots of stuff in there re PCR1000 command codes, and who
          > does what software etc.
          >
          > Not dificult to DIY a program yourself, but not exactly straightforward
          > either.
          >
          > Dave B
          > G0WBX(G8KBV)

        • Dave Baxter
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2010
            OK No worries.

            Again though, always check the group archives, as this has been
            discussed several times before.

            I know there are at least two DIY "Projects" documented elsewhere on the
            web for this purpose too, so some dedicated Googling should bring them
            up. Not sure if they are documented in English though, one I'm sure is
            by a German Ham, and very well done too from memory.

            A netbook is probably the easiest way to go, as you also then have the
            means to record, decode, & log what is recieved too, as well as control
            the thing. HRD is about the closest to an all in one app for all that,
            but is Windows based, so your choice of OS's is limited if that's what
            you want.

            There are many many other sofware tools for this radio too of course.
            Some even run on OS's other than Windows, so I'm told.

            Regards.

            Dave B
            G0WBX(G8KBV)