Source code for the ROM Backup.

  • xradionut
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
      I'm writing a program to control the PCR1000 from OS X. The one detail
      I've yet to see is the command sequence or source code for backing up
      the ROM on the radio. Any insight?

      Thanks!
    • Mark J Culross
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
        xradionut:

        I searched for "PCR1000 commands" & found the following (this is specifically from http://roderickmann.org/stuff/PCR-1000%20commands.txt):

        EEPROM UNLOCKING

        Don't play with these unless you have a verified backup of your own PCR-1000 EEPROM contents

        You need to unlock the protection even to READ the EEPROM contents.

        The Unlock Codes are:
        GC01
        GCF0

        Note the response to both the above commands is G001

        Read Command:
        LD0xx? xx= eeprom address 00 to 7F
        Replies LD0xxyy yy = data in location xx

        Write Command:
        LD0xxyy xx = address yy = data to write
        Replies G000 if OK

        To put protection back on again turn the PCR-1000 off and on again.
        Use the software command H100 or the switch.
        The baud rate will then return to 9600.
        Good luck & BE CAREFUL !!

        Mark J Culross
        KD5RXT

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
          Thanks for all the help and the link to the PCR1000 command list!