Re: Converting Percon files to Pcr1000

  • ztechire
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi there,
      What format are these files in?
      They will need to be saved as .mch files in order to open them with
      the pcr1k.
      Regards
      Paul

      --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "obeone52" <nickle911@...> wrote:

      > I have download a bunch of files from the Percon website to my
      > laptop,that i have the Pcr1000 hook up to.For some reason the Pcr
      will
      > not pick up the files i have downloaded.Do i have to change the file
      > name and if so what do i change them to.Thanks Phil

    • pakw9pq
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
        The percon files will need to be converted into the format that the
        prc 1000 will need to decode the information, just remaning the
        percon file to MCH will NOT allow you to ues the files. If you do
        this it will either bomb or give you jiberish.

        I do not have the format that is expected for the prc1000 but others
        may have the info. You also need the information on the format of the
        percon files to do the conversion. The percon files CAN be converted
        to work with the prc1000 but it may lack some of the setting that the
        prc1000 is expecting. The frequencies in the percon file are good to
        convert and may need editing to the MCH format. Other information in
        the percon file may not be needed in the conversion , or some
        information may be lacking.

        Usually, you can do the editing in a text file editor to make the
        changes. Be on the look out for a computer program that will do this
        for you, I think there are a couple still out there on the net in
        some of the SWL sites.

        I hope this helps, and dose not totally confuse you.

        Phil
        W9PQ

        --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "ztechire" <pos-@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        > What format are these files in?
        > They will need to be saved as .mch files in order to open them with
        > the pcr1k.
        > Regards
        > Paul
        >

        > --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "obeone52" <nickle911@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have download a bunch of files from the Percon website to my
        > > laptop,that i have the Pcr1000 hook up to.For some reason the Pcr
        > will
        > > not pick up the files i have downloaded.Do i have to change the
        file
        > > name and if so what do i change them to.Thanks Phil

      • Jay
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
          Are you using this link?
          http://www.perconcorp.com/icom/

          Percon does have the ability to download your file in MCH for the PCR100 &
          PCR1000 format or the PCR1500 & PCR2500 format...

          Jay

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
            One thing I should also say is that even if you download the MCH files in
            their proper format, you still need to "Manually Load/Read" the file into
            the program you are using...

            Just copying the MCH files to the program's folder is not enough, the
            program does not search the installed folder for MCH Files, nor will it load
            them for you automatically...

            Jay

          • nickle911@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
              Yes the program does not see it

              In a message dated 10/3/2008 3:30:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, crazycalifornian@... writes:
              Are you using this link?
              http://www.perconcorp.com/icom/

              Percon does have the ability to download your file in MCH for the PCR100 &
              PCR1000 format or the PCR1500 & PCR2500 format...

              Jay

              New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!