help requesttalkpcr

  • franky_beneteau
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hello group

      I have been using my pcr1000 for a few years now with talkpcr 2.4.

      All was well untill i downloaded the exe for ver 3.0beta and copied it
      to the talkpcr directory with the old version, all sortds of error
      messages later so I uninstalled and deleted all traces of talk PVR and
      downloaded 2.4.

      Unfortunately now it starts ok but cannot import marine database found
      on the files section and the software just stops and dissapears off the
      screen

      any help appreciated, I would also like to know if there is any working
      updates to PCR talk or other apps that work well under windows XP

      Many thanks

      franky
    • jillxbrian
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
        --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "franky_beneteau" <radio1@...> wrote:

        or other apps that work well under windows XP

        > Many thanks
        >
        > franky

        Hello franky, well i can't help you with Talk PCR i'm afraid.
        However, there are alternatives of course.

        I have had a PCR-1000 for years also. I tried Talk PCR briefly way
        back but didn't like the seperate screens. I like it all tidy and
        filling the screen in one so to speak. I therefore went for Bonito
        Radiocom 5, then settled with Ham Radio deluxe. This is a
        downloadable freebe as you probably know, and if you like playing
        with settings as i do, you'll have a ball with this prog. All sorts
        of colour arangements to play with. Customise the bands, put tags
        on dial to click on fav frequencies, all sorts of things you can do
        with it. You'll play for hours Franky. you can sweep your own
        defined spectrun band too to see where the activity is. Click on a
        peak and you're on frequency. Great for the broadcast bands, i find.

        Worth a downloading for play. You can always elbow it afterward if
        you don't fancy it. Straight serial lead, and no probs with dongles.

        Inluded with the prog now is DM780, which i use to drive a SignaLink
        interface and FT-897 for Feld Hell, my fav mode. However, as a SWL
        you can use it for RX various modes, such as the above, BPSK31,
        Throb, RTTY, Olivia, DominoEx and MT63. It does rx SSTV but i prefer
        MMSSTV (Yes, another freebe *smile*). Of course if you are into
        rx'ing mega modes, Multipsk (Yet another freebe)is hard to beat. Got
        the lot, even packet and wx fax. Just connect a lead into the line
        in/mic in from from your PCR1000 speaker out.

        Trouble with Bonito,is you need their dongle for it to work. And
        RadioCom 6 cost 200 quid, so if you have an anorexic wallet, it's
        gotta be HRD,right?.

        As i say, i use HRD for my PCR1000. I also have an IC-718 which
        refuses to TX anymore, so i use that as a RX with Radiocom 6 driving
        it. I leave that normally on 5.680 (Kinloss Rescue), as that is
        about the only frequency worth listening to with the conditions (sun
        spot cycle wise) as they are *sigh*..

        MMSTV is a brilliant SSTV rx prog by the way, as you just tune to
        14.230 say and sit back let it do the biz. Very sensitive,
        automatically detects the mode being sent and auto starts, corrects
        slant and saves all your pics if required.

        Hope i have been of some help my friend.

        Have fun. 73 from Brian (g0hdi)
      • jillxbrian
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
          --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "franky_beneteau" <radio1@...> wrote:

          > Hello group
          >
          > I have been using my pcr1000 for a few years now with talkpcr 2.4.
          >
          > All was well untill i downloaded the exe for ver 3.0beta and copied
          it
          > to the talkpcr directory with the old version, all sortds of error
          > messages later so I uninstalled and deleted all traces of talk PVR
          and
          > downloaded 2.4.
          >
          > Unfortunately now it starts ok but cannot import marine database
          found
          > on the files section and the software just stops and dissapears off
          the
          > screen
          >
          > any help appreciated, I would also like to know if there is any
          working
          > updates to PCR talk or other apps that work well under windows XP
          >
          > Many thanks
          >
          > franky

          Hello Franky, This is going to be very short as this afternoon i
          wrote a long reply and when i tried to upload it, it promptly
          disappeared. Just now i did it all over again and stone me!, it
          disappeared whilst i was typing it.

          So basically, try what i am using for my PCR1000. It's free and
          incredibly comprehensive with user setupable options. Ham Radio
          Deluxe is the baby. Download it this instant Hi. That's it. I quit
          while i'm ahead....Bye! 73 Brian (g0hdi)
        • franky_beneteau
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
            Thanks Brian

            I will definately give that a go and also this might spur me on to
            getting my old SW antenna back up

            tnx

            franky