PCR 1000 for sale or trade

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
      I guess I'm just too old school. I've had this radio for a while but I just can't get used to
      tuning it through the computer. I like knobs and buttons. So before I go out and buy a
      $300.00 antenna I have decided to sell the 1000 and look for an older shortwave set such as
      a Kenwood or Icom. The PCR 1000 comes with the original box, manual, antenna, serial
      cable,
      power supply, and software on two floppies. If you are using XP you can download software
      from Icom's web site free to run the radio on that OS. This radio also has the DSP module
      installed. Price is $350.00 US and that includes insured shipping to anywhere in Canada and
      the lower 48 of the USA. Otherwise shipping will be a little more. I'd consider a trade for
      something like a Kenwood R2000, or R5000 or an Icom R70 or R71 or something like that(
      with knobs ) Post or email me if interested. I will wait about a week then I'm going to post on
      Ebay. THX

      JT
    • AC
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
        Hello John,

               My name is Art, I own a Yaesu FRG8800 RX with Factory Operators Manual and Service Manual. The Radio is 100% from top to bottom. I had the display lamps replaced with LEDs by a local electronic service shop. I always wanted a Icom PCR1000 and would consider a trade if this is something your intrested in. I will send pictures of the radio if you would like.

                              Thank You for your time John

[...]

        Checked by AVG.
      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
          --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "AC" <traciii@...> wrote:
          >Hi Art. You will have to let me think about this. Unfortuneatly I
          have had a couple of bad expriences with Yaesu exuipment and I am
          reluctant to try it again. I am sure your radio is in fine shape and
          well worth the trade, but I will have to do some research before I
          decide. I would love to see some pics and if you would like pics of
          the PCR 1000 I would be happy to send them. I will get back to you.
          Thanks for your interest.

          JT
          > Hello John,
          >
          > My name is Art, I own a Yaesu FRG8800 RX with Factory
          Operators Manual and Service Manual. The Radio is 100% from top to
          bottom. I had the display lamps replaced with LEDs by a local
          electronic service shop. I always wanted a Icom PCR1000 and would
          consider a trade if this is something your intrested in. I will send
          pictures of the radio if you would like.

          > Thank You for your time John

          6/30/2008 6:07 PM

        • AC
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2008
            >Hi Art. You will have to let me think about this. Unfortuneatly I
            have had a couple of bad expriences with Yaesu exuipment and I am
            reluctant to try it again. I am sure your radio is in fine shape and
            well worth the trade, but I will have to do some research before I
            decide. I would love to see some pics and if you would like pics of
            the PCR 1000 I would be happy to send them. I will get back to you.
            Thanks for your interest.

            JT
            > Hello John,
            >
            > My name is Art, I own a Yaesu FRG8800 RX with Factory
            Operators Manual and Service Manual. The Radio is 100% from top to
            bottom. I had the display lamps replaced with LEDs by a local
            electronic service shop. I always wanted a Icom PCR1000 and would
            consider a trade if this is something your intrested in. I will send
            pictures of the radio if you would like.

            > Thank You for your time John

            6/30/2008 6:07 PM

            Checked by AVG.
          • John Taggart
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2008
              Hi Art. As you say the radio looks mint. I have done some research and found that over all people are quite happy with the 8800 save for the blinking LCD problem. From what I have read problem seems to be linked to bulbs with the fix being to replace with LEDs which you have already done. It seems to fit my needs and I am willing to trade if you are interested. I have two things. 1) Are you looking for some cash with the PCR1000 or a straight trade? 2) Were you aware there is a PCR1000 on Ebay at the moment that has the DSP module and has a bid of about $150.00 at this point. I am certainly not trying to steer you away from my radio but I would hate to see you give up the Yaesu if you didn't have to. Let me know what your thinking and we'll see if we can work a deal. BTW I will send you some pics tomorrow when I get home from work.

              JT

              >Hi Art. You will have to let me think about this. Unfortuneatly I
              have had a couple of bad expriences with Yaesu exuipment and I am
              reluctant to try it again. I am sure your radio is in fine shape and
              well worth the trade, but I will have to do some research before I
              decide. I would love to see some pics and if you would like pics of
              the PCR 1000 I would be happy to send them. I will get back to you.
              Thanks for your interest.

              JT
              > Hello John,
              >
              > My name is Art, I own a Yaesu FRG8800 RX with Factory
              Operators Manual and Service Manual. The Radio is 100% from top to
              bottom. I had the display lamps replaced with LEDs by a local
              electronic service shop. I always wanted a Icom PCR1000 and would
              consider a trade if this is something your intrested in. I will send
              pictures of the radio if you would like.

              > Thank You for your time John

              6/30/2008 6:07 PM

              Checked by AVG.

              All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.