Re: Optoelectronics Digital Scout

  • Ubbe
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 1969
      The Digi Scout force you to constantly adjust the squelchlevel depending of what background level of noise you have. If you don't do that it will perform very poorly. Actually in analog captures the Scout40 easily outperfomes the Digital Scout.

      Best bet is to use a filter to only pass the frequency band of interest to a Scout. You could use 1/2 wave open ended stub or short circuit ended 1/4 wave stubs as bandpass filters.

      Ubbe.

      > From: "Ian" <iwallace@...>
      > Till: PCR1000@yahoogroups.com
      > Rubrik: [PCR1000] Re: Optoelectronics Digital Scout
      >
      > Am I just dense, or is my Digital Scout not working as it should!

      Spamfritt e-postkonto - http://mail.spray.se/?targetcode=se_footer
    • Ubbe
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 1969
        You can only let the pcr1000 monitor the frequencies you have in you analog or digital scout's memory or the ones they captures live.

        While you are out of capturemode you can step through the memory and the pcr1000 will be tuned to the displayed frequency.

        I find Unidens CloseCall feature of being much easier to handle and gives a smaller package with many more options of how you capture and use the frequencies.

        Ubbe.

        > From: "Ian" <iwallace@...>
        >
        > Does anyone with a PCR-1000 also use a Optoelectronics "Digital Scout"
        > to input frequencies "on the fly"? This seems like a great way to scan
        > and input frequencies in an unknown area.

        Spamfritt e-postkonto - http://mail.spray.se/?targetcode=se_footer
      • Ian
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2006
          Does anyone with a PCR-1000 also use a Optoelectronics "Digital Scout"
          to input frequencies "on the fly"? This seems like a great way to scan
          and input frequencies in an unknown area.
        • Jason
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2006
            I've got one and it works great with the PCR1000.
            The cable from them is a joke for $60. You can make
            it yourself for $5.

            I've been thinking about selling my digital scout and PCR1000
            cable as I don't use it anymore. If interested, email me off list.

            Jason
            W4IRQ
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2006
              Am I just dense, or is my Digital Scout not working as it should! It
              seems to be basically "black box" operation - turn it on and let it
              find frequencies. Where I live I receive all kinds of signals with my
              PR PRO-96 digital trunking scanner, but the Souut just sits there, has
              not found a frequency at all! I've put on a couple of different types
              of scanner antennas, as well as a big Radio Shack discone, and still
              no frequency capture. The manual is a bit shy of the basics, but it
              can't be that hard! What am I missing?
              Ian

              --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "Ubbe" <urban@...> wrote:

              > You can only let the pcr1000 monitor the frequencies you have in you
              analog or digital scout's memory or the ones they captures live.

              > While you are out of capturemode you can step through the memory and
              the pcr1000 will be tuned to the displayed frequency.

              > I find Unidens CloseCall feature of being much easier to handle and
              gives a smaller package with many more options of how you capture and
              use the frequencies.

              > Ubbe.
            • bagmouse7
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 18, 2006
                The Scouts are considered "near field" receivers and won't pick up
                anything (even connected to a large antenna) unless it is relativly
                close.