- Dave how bad did it get fried!!!!!I have been able to repair mine when the front end get blown out.They are a bugger to fix with the smt partsMatt Parkinson R-390A Depot Repair.
- Matt,It is my guess that it is just the front end.The radio stills behaves using TalkPCR, just doesnot receive any signals. I even confirmedthe ROM contents - and all is fine. So my bestguess is fried front end.DaveOn Jul 4, 2006, at 5:28 PM, mparkinson1 wrote:
- There is usually a couple of capacitors and a couple of diodes that get fried.The one I bought really cheap because the front end was blown had this very problem.Like Skip says if you can get the noise level to go up and down I could probably save it.It just depends on how far down the strike went.The way to know is send it to me and we can go from there or you can send it to ICOM which might cost you a lot more.Matt Parkinson R-390A Depot Repair.
- Matt,I just connected to a different PC. Yes - I get hissout of the receiver. I am going to file a claim with myinsurance company, and after that - I will see about sending it toyou. Please send mailing info direct. Thanks.DaveKI4KQOn Jul 4, 2006, at 6:07 PM, mparkinson1 wrote:
- Matt,Good news - I found one commercial FM stationthat I can faintly hear in the noise. So it must not be too bad.DaveKI4KQOn Jul 4, 2006, at 6:07 PM, mparkinson1 wrote: