TalkPCR

  • Dave Shirk
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 4, 2006
      Does anyone know if TalkPCR will control the new
      ICOM PCR1500??

      My PCR1000 got fried by lightning last night.

      Dave
      KI4KQ
    • mparkinson1
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 4, 2006
        Dave how bad did it get fried!!!!!
        I have been able to repair mine when the front end get blown out.
        They are a bugger to fix with the smt parts
        Matt Parkinson R-390A Depot Repair.
      • Dave Shirk
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 4, 2006
          Matt,

          It is my guess that it is just the front end.
          The radio stills behaves using TalkPCR, just does
          not receive any signals.  I even confirmed
          the ROM contents - and all is fine.  So my best
          guess is fried front end.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 4, 2006
            There is usually a couple of capacitors and a couple of diodes that get fried.
            The one I bought really cheap because the front end was blown had this very problem.
            Like Skip says if you can get the noise level to go up and down I could probably save it.
            It just depends on how far down the strike went.
            The way to know is send it to me and we can go from there or you can send it to ICOM which might cost you a lot more.

            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 4, 2006
              Matt,

              I just connected to a different PC.  Yes - I get hiss
              out of the receiver.  I am going to file a claim with my
              insurance company, and after that - I will see about sending it to
              you.  Please send mailing info direct.  Thanks.

              Dave
              KI4KQ

              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 4, 2006
                Matt,

                Good news - I found one commercial FM station
                that I can faintly hear in the noise.  So it must not be too bad.