VB program to control the PCR1000 + source code

  • JJ Risch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Dear All,

      First, thanks for this great group.
      Over the last couple of weeks, I have created a Visual Basic program to control my PCR1000. It is very simple and not so fancy, but it does all the basic things quite well, including scanning.
      If you are interested in getting a copy, including the source code, send me an e-mail at jjintokyo@... and I will give it to you.
      Hopefully, after you see how easy it is and providing that you have the VB compiler, you can enhance it, improve it and make it look better.
      Although there are plenty of good software available, there is nothing like writing your own. You can customize and make it look exactly the way you want; it's a great feeling and it adds a lot, to the fun of using the radio. At least for me :-)

      I would appreciate your questions, comments, suggestions...
      Let's share our code.

      JJ in Tokyo, Japan.

    • JJ Risch
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        Dear All,

        First of all, I want to thank the people who sent me ideas, suggestions, comments or simply words of support.
        Thanks to you guys, here is version II of IP1k. You'll see that it is still very much a work in progress, but some nice features have been added since last time, so I thought that would deserve an update.

        Some of the new things you might enjoy the most :
        - Keypad for easy tuning.
        - Tuning knob for fun tuning.
        - Memory presets to save your important frequencies.
        - A different GUI using tabs, so we have more room to play.

        You can download the zip file here :

        Many thanks to Patrik in Sweden for letting us use his web page :-)

        As always the source code is included, so I encourage you to experiment and add your own features.
        I would appreciate your questions, comments, suggestions...
        Let's share our code.

        JJ in Tokyo, Japan.

      • Arcticpeak
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
          Nice program JJ.

          Could you include 8,333 KHz tuning step in a later
          edition?

          Best regards

          --- JJ Risch <jjintokyo@...> skrev: > Dear
          All,

          > First of all, I want to thank the people who sent me
          > ideas, suggestions, comments or simply words of
          > support.
          > Thanks to you guys, here is version II of IP1k.
          > You'll see that it is still very much a work in
          > progress, but some nice features have been added
          > since last time, so I thought that would deserve an
          > update.
          >
          > Some of the new things you might enjoy the most :
          > - Keypad for easy tuning.
          > - Tuning knob for fun tuning.
          > - Memory presets to save your important frequencies.
          > - A different GUI using tabs, so we have more room
          > to play.
          >
          > You can download the zip file here :
          > http://w1.316.telia.com/~u31626584/dl/index.html
          >
          > Many thanks to Patrik in Sweden for letting us use
          > his web page :-)
          >
          > As always the source code is included, so I
          > encourage you to experiment and add your own
          > features.
          > I would appreciate your questions, comments,
          > suggestions...
          > Let's share our code.
          >
          > JJ in Tokyo, Japan.

          Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/
          Nå med webkamera, stemmechat, interaktiv bakgrunn og mye mer!