Re: [PCR1000] Digest Number 981

  • Richard Stern
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      I have 5.2 and it had a DB9 GIZMO called an 'IC-SWL'
      that attaches between the radio and interface cable.
      I think it switches the interface lines (TX, RX,
      RTS,DTR, etc) for the model radio you are using with
      RADIO COM. The earlier versions (4.5) did not require
      this little attachment.

      You might be able to hardware a cable for your rig,
      unless that the IC-SWL messes with with the
      handshacking or compensates for some sort of data
      delay the program needs.

      After I purchased the upgrade from 4.5 to 5.2, I was
      disappointed. There wasn't much change in features and
      for the price, there are other applications, by far,
      cheaper and a whole lot better. RxPlus is an example,
      which cost $79.99 ... That's about what I paid for the
      Bonita upgrade at Dayton.

      I'm not pleased and if there was a way to get my money
      back, I would definately spend it on RXPLUS.

      TALKPCR is no longer supported. If it wasn't for the
      stupid "NAG SCREEN" on version 2.99 It would be the
      way to go. The spectrum analyzer feature is an
      indipensable tool worth it's weight in RF modulated
      electrons...

      Another PCR1000 interface program that is impressive
      is HAM RADIO DELUXE. It's free. It works. It has a
      wonderful GUI.

      I think Bonita is more of a commercial vendor and
      markets to HAMs as an after thought.
      ..

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/8mKGzA/FARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs