Re: [PCR1000] Re: [PCR-1000] UT-106 DSP Question.

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2000
      > > I too just purchased a UT-106, only this week. It will probably go
      back.
      > > It generates severe interference right on top of a locally active public
      > > service frequency (155.910Mhz). With the DSP unit installed I can hear
      > some
      > > vague modulation, but it is completely unintelligible. This is
      > independent
      > > of the "on/off" status of the unit. With the DSP unit removed the
      > > PCR-1000 works fine.
      > >
      > > For those who know, is this normal
      >
      > I just checked the frequency. Sounds absolutely normal, with ( and of
      course
      > without ) DSP activated. I am even hearing a signal that sounds somewhat
      > distant, very clearly.
      >
      > I would say the unit is defective. I have never heard unpleasant artifacts
      > that I can definately attribute to the DSP. Try another

      GAK! Update! I duplicated the problem. After 15 or 20 minutes I got the
      crud. It seems to be at 155.907. But I can say that I only noticed it after
      I enabled the PL tone decoder, which then became necessary to mute the audio
      between transmissions.

      It was not particularly affected by banging on the radio. I turned the radio
      off and then on again a few minutes later and the crud is not present.

      I will have to keep an eye on this to see about the pattern.

      Pres Waterman W2PW
      c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
      Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

      GO BILLS!