Re: [PCR-1000] UT-106 DSP Question.

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2000
      > I noticed that on my 486 with 24MB TalkPCR did not recognize the DSP but
      on a P133 with 32MB it did.

      Hmmm... That's interesting. Well, my Libretto 100 ( P166MMX/32MB ) does not
      recognize it, nor does my desktop which is K6-300~MHz with 64MB RAM. I just
      figured it was a quirk in TalkPCR, one that will delay my purchasing the
      program until it, and a few other bugs, are straghtened out.

      As I said, the Icom software sees it...

      Veddy Interesting what you say, though.

      I will forward this to the list for others to contemplate.

      Pres Waterman W2PW
      c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
      Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

      GO BILLS!
    • Pres Waterman
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 27, 2000
        > > I too just purchased a UT-106, only this week. It will probably go
        back.
        > > It generates severe interference right on top of a locally active public
        > > service frequency (155.910Mhz). With the DSP unit installed I can hear
        > some
        > > vague modulation, but it is completely unintelligible. This is
        > independent
        > > of the "on/off" status of the unit. With the DSP unit removed the
        > > PCR-1000 works fine.
        > >
        > > For those who know, is this normal
        >
        > I just checked the frequency. Sounds absolutely normal, with ( and of
        course
        > without ) DSP activated. I am even hearing a signal that sounds somewhat
        > distant, very clearly.
        >
        > I would say the unit is defective. I have never heard unpleasant artifacts
        > that I can definately attribute to the DSP. Try another

        GAK! Update! I duplicated the problem. After 15 or 20 minutes I got the
        crud. It seems to be at 155.907. But I can say that I only noticed it after
        I enabled the PL tone decoder, which then became necessary to mute the audio
        between transmissions.

        It was not particularly affected by banging on the radio. I turned the radio
        off and then on again a few minutes later and the crud is not present.

        I will have to keep an eye on this to see about the pattern.