Re: PCR1000 swiitched on permanently - How ??

  • John Faulkner
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      > Its been a while but you have to keep the DTR, CTS or RTS line
      true.
      > Once you find which one it is you just put in a toggle switch to
      do
      > it or solder the pin with a jumper wire on the DB-9. Then it will
      > stay on all the time until you turn the power off. I have seen it
      > documented before somewhere but believe it is the DTR line.
      >
      > Wayne.

      Cheers everybody. Thanks for the info. I will get this mod done as
      soon as poss.

      Recently I have also had the oscillator re-set (EX2099 software) so
      the displayed freq matches the actual freq. I use Spectrum
      Laboratory software and since resetting the osc it is clear that, at
      frequencies between 50 and 70 MHz, I can now measure video carriers
      to accuracies of greater than 1 Hz. Hence the need to leave the PCR
      swithced on all the time to avoid drift.

      The PCR1000 software is adjustable so you can reset to zero in the
      event of any drift however.

      Thanks for the help!

      John
      john.faulkner@...