connection message

  • Derek
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2001
      please help someone everytime i run my pcr1000 i get the connection
      message keeps popping up in the task bar also the sig meter goes down
      everytime connection pops up,i have tried a clean install to no avail
      i'm at my wits ends,heeellllppp
    • Mark Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2001
        On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Derek wrote:

        > please help someone everytime i run my pcr1000 i get the connection
        > message keeps popping up in the task bar also the sig meter goes down
        > everytime connection pops up,i have tried a clean install to no avail
        > i'm at my wits ends,heeellllppp

        The standard fix to that problem is to dump the supplied software and
        use TalkPCR instead. *Lots* of people have the same problem as you
        with the supplied software, spread across a wide range of PC hardware
        and OS versions.

        I have no connection with TalkPCR except as a very satisfied user.

        Cheers,

        Mark.
      • chris j catton
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2001
          On Tue, 14 August 2001, Mark Turner wrote:

          > On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Derek wrote:
          > >
          > > please help someone everytime i run my pcr1000 i get the connection
          > > message keeps popping up in the task bar also the sig meter goes down
          > > everytime connection pops up,i have tried a clean install to no avail
          > > i'm at my wits ends,heeellllppp
          >
          > The standard fix to that problem is to dump the supplied software and
          > use TalkPCR instead. *Lots* of people have the same problem as you
          > with the supplied software, spread across a wide range of PC hardware
          > and OS versions.
          >
          > I have no connection with TalkPCR except as a very satisfied user.

          Yes, this has thrown up before, nobody has found the reason yet to my knowledge, they just suggest an alternative software.

          For me the problem will disappear for ages and then come back, the simplest 'solution' I have found is a warm boot once or twice and then it will behave for a while. NB., the system is normally running continuously, and I prefer Icom s/w to the rest, that's my choice.

          chris j
        • /\/\arko
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2001
            > The standard fix to that problem is to dump the supplied software and
            > use TalkPCR instead. *Lots* of people have the same problem as you
            > with the supplied software, spread across a wide range of PC hardware
            > and OS versions.
            >
            > I have no connection with TalkPCR except as a very satisfied user.

            I also dumped the supplied software...not very nice looking and found it a
            bit of a fiddle to work with...TalkPCR looks good and is far better but I do
            like Icom Control....nice, easy to use package..

            Mark - M1AJG