Re: Sound card problem

  • jwwarrenva
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 1, 2003
      I don't really think the problem is the cord, because I am able to use
      the cord to connect to earphones successfully. However, I will try a
      new cord anyway.

      Thanks for the advice.

      --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "Eivind" <dreamy@o...> wrote:
      > Try to connect the speakers from the pc direct to your pcr1k if
      there is
      > sound now.. Whit the cord that the speaker connect to the pc with.
      > Replace the sound cord whit a new one (I accidentally run over mine
      whit
      > the swivel chair.
      >
      > If stil no sound there is a small dipswitch underneath the casing of
      the
      > pcr1k if this is in-between its positions maybe you can expiries
      this
      > fault.
      >

      > Eivind W. Aavik

      2.0,
      > > Bonito RadioCom 4.5 special edition.
      > >
      > > I have two questions: First, does the sound card offer a major
      > > improvement over the PCR1000's internal speaker? And if so
      > > (my second
      > > question), do you have any advice on how I can get the sound card
      > > work?
      > >
      > > Here's what I have tried so far. As I said, the PCR1000 works
      fine
      > > through its internal speaker, using either the Icom or Bonito
      > > software. But the Bonito setup said to connect via the sound
      > > card, so
      > > I set the PCR1000's output level switch to the "Phones" position
      and
      > > connected it to the sound card Line In with a cable with a 1/8
      inch
      > > mono plug on the PCR1000 end and a 1/8 inch stereo plug on the
      sound
      > > card end. There is no sound using either the Icom or Bonito
      > > software,
      > > although I have set the PC's Volume Controls, both for recording
      and
      > > playback, to their maximum positions. If I disconnect the cable
      from
      > > the sound card and connect it to headphones, I can hear sound. I
      > > thought the Line In on the sound card might be faulty, but it
      > > works OK
      > > when connected to the headphone output of a little pocket radio.
      > > have also tested the sound card with a microphone and that works
      OK.
      > > So it seems there is some incompatibility between the PCR1000 and
      the
      > > sound card, although each seems to work separately.
      > >
      > > I would sincerely appreciate any advice.

    • russ_gladden
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 12 11:53 AM
        You can download a demo version of RadioCom 4.0 directly from Bonito
        at http://www.bonito.net/infos/en_ham_rc40.htm .

        Russ.