USB

  • Dominic
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 12:02 AM
      Just wanted to let everyone know that I've had success with the
      Belkin USB/serial adapter I bought at CompUSA. I have a new Toshiba
      Satellite (sans serial port) running WinXP and I use TalkPCR. The
      adapter F5U409 cost 39.99, although their website shows a newer,
      cheaper model which they call a USB PDA adapter (24.95). I had to
      change to Com 4 and it worked great. Now I have to find out if my
      Griffin Powermate will give me any troubles... I couldn't use it
      and my mouse at the same time on my old Compaq laptop, but I'm
      running a much more powerful machine now, so we'll see.

      -Dominic in Memphis