Trunk Tracking PCR-1000 v0.5.40 Beta Now Available...

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
      Is a second receiver used for the control data? Or all in one?

      Would a PCR-100 be just as usable in this configuration? I have a spare 100
      that is less generally useful than my 1000- I might want to "dedicate" it to
      the purpose.

      Thanks

      .Pres Waterman.W2PW
      GO BILLS!
    • Jim Humphrey
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
        Jay,

         Thanks for your reply. I figured as much. Seems like a C++ DLL  would be the way to go wrapped up in a class for VB.
        I'll check out the program you mentioned and see how they do the C stuff. The data I'm trying to decode is mostly fairly low bitrate Zodiac binary GPS data and other housekeeping data from instrumentation we use at work. All FSK NRZ-l. You've got me thinking I might be going the wrong direction with the FFT stuff
        for this application. Right now I'd just like to use a laptop soundcard to eliminate the need for an external PLL demodulator feeding the Com port.
        Well this is starting to get off topic for this list ;) , But I appreciate the info.

        Thanks again,
        Jim Humphrey

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
          > Is a second receiver used for the control data? Or all in one?

          Right now I have the program set to use just the PCR-1000 to decode the
          control channel
          and as the scanner under control. The 'Dual' Mode is disabled in this
          version.

          > Would a PCR-100 be just as usable in this configuration? I have a spare
          100
          > that is less generally useful than my 1000- I might want to "dedicate" it
          > the purpose.

          If used as the scanner under control, then no. I don't have a PCR-100 to
          test with it.
          Maybe some nice person out there with a spare, might like to donate it to
          the cause ;)

          Reqards,
          Jay

          > Thanks
          >
          > .Pres Waterman.W2PW
          > GO BILLS!
        • pencasptpt
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
            Hi Jay,

            I live in Portugal and here we have the MPT1327 Trunking protocol.
            And the frequencies are in the 400Mhz band. Can your Software decode
            this type of trunking or not?
            I saw the sreenshots on your site and it is an amazing piece of
            softawre and a great job...
            Thank you.
            Best regards

            Jose Alves
            Portugal

            --- In PCR1000@yahoogroups.com, "CrazyC" <crazy__c@h...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            > I have the beta version available for download now...
            >
            > This version supports the Motorola Trunking formats.
            > TypeI are treated as TypeII for now.
            >
            > You can also Backup & Verify your EEprom.
            > (taken from my PcrPro1k program)
            >
            > You can check it out here:
            > http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr1k.html
            >
            > The Help page shows some Screen Shots of the program in operation.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Jay
          • Mark Phillips
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2003
              I am having no luck at all in decoding any of the trunking mi my
              area. I have an NJ State Police transmitter about a mile down the
              road from me which I can hear very well but cannot decode it.

              I have found that when decoding data with my PC setup I have to
              select 32k or 22k samples before I can decode the data properly.

              I am using a sound Blaster Platinum Live in a Athlon 1.4GHz machine
              under Win2K

              Any help would be great.

              Thanks