2012 Mackie Awards Deadline Extension

  • usaseapower
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2013
      Ahoy Council Presidents, Council Webmasters, and others...

      My message http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR-NLUS/message/870 of December 16 is below. The big news is that the submission date deadline for the Navy League's Newsletter and Website Mackie Awards has been extended one month. It is now January 31.  If your council has a newsletter or website you believe could compete well - NOMINATE!

      See the announcement from John Daniels at headquarters directly below. Below that is my original message of December 16.

      I serve on these NLUS national committees and others:
      • Information Technology
      • Public Affairs & Education

      Standing by to provide assistance as needed...

      Phelps Hobart
      Senior Vice President

      • Vice President Communications & Information Technology
      • Vice President Community Service Organization Presentations
      • Vice President Legislative Affairs
      • Vice President Membership & Marketing
      • Vice President Veteran Affairs

      Pacific Central Region
      Navy League of the United States

      Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 8:52 AM
      Subject: 2012 Mackie Awards Deadline Extension

      Council Presidents -

      I wanted to send a reminder to each of you that the deadline for submitting for the Mackie Awards was Dec. 31, 2012. I know that there are many of you that have put a lot of hard work in effort into your councils' websites and new letters. Unfortunately, we have received only a handful of submissions – many of which are great and tell the story of the great work you are all doing. However, I would like to challenge you all to share the activities and accomplishments of your council and consider applying for either the newsletter or website Mackie Award (or both).

      The Chairs of the Information Technology and the Public Affairs & Education Committee have authorized me to extend the deadline for submission of these awards to Jan. 31. Please submit your awards to publicrelations@.... If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

      Sincerely,

      John M. Daniels

      Vice President of Communications and IT Services

      Navy League of the United States

      2300 Wilson Blvd.

      Arlington, VA 22201

      (703) 312-1557