2010 Mackie Awards Announcement

  • Navy League Public Relations
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      NAVY LEAGUE OF THE UNITED STATES
      I N T E R N A L N E W S R E L E A S E

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      August 2, 2011

      Contact: Tom Van Leunen
      tvanleunen@...
      (703) 312-1557

      2010 Donald M. Mackie Award Winners Announced

      Congratulations to this year’s Donald M. Mackie Award winners for Best Council Newsletter and Website!

      The Donald M. Mackie Awards were established in 1964 to encourage more effective communication between Navy Leaguers. The award is named for Donald M. Mackie, an instrumental figure in establishing "Navy - The Magazine of Sea Power," now known as “SEAPOWER”.

      The award honors excellence in both print and web-based communication. The website category was added in 2007 to better represent present and future communication standards.

      After careful consideration the following 2010 winners have been selected by our judges. Judges are chosen based on their expertise in journalism, design and web publishing or a related field. We received many qualified submissions this year and would like to thank all councils that participated. Keep up the great work!

      2010 Donald M. Mackie Award Winners for Best Council Newsletter:

      Small Council
      1st Place – Bellingham
      2nd Place – Colorado Springs
      3rd Place – Las Vegas

      Medium Council
      1st Place – Greater Austin
      2nd Place – Oak Harbor Area
      3rd Place – Savannah

      Large Council
      1st Place – Bremerton-Olympic Peninsula
      2nd Place – San Diego
      3rd Place – N/A

      2010 Donald M. Mackie Award Winners for Best Council Website:

      Small Council – Piedmont Triad
      Medium Council – Dallas
      Large Council – St. Louis

      The awards will be presented at the Hall of Fame and Honors Luncheon on Thursday, October 27, 2011 during the National Convention in Chattanooga, TN.

      For 2011 Mackie Award submission instructions please visit: http://www.navyleague.org/programs/mackie_award_instructions.html

      Submission deadlines for the 2012 Mackie Awards:
      Website: December 31, 2011
      Newsletter: March 31, 2012
      This message was sent by: Navy League of the United States, 2300 Wilson Blvd.
      Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22201

      Manage Your Subscription:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=64806481&l=125858&s=7RDD&m=855233&c=351457