Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [DOCS and...] CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED not working in Prestige Class

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
      > I have the following on a numeric class level line:
      >
      > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
      > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance
      >
      > However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills
      > on the pc ;) I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the
      > docs) and that didn't work either.
      >
      > Skill Focus fromt he rsrd files works just fine and gets the chooser
      > pop. (And as a side note: the docs say TYPE=, but the Skill Focus
      > feat uses TYPE. So you may want to update the docs.)
      >
      > Any ideas? Is this a bug of some sort?

      I don't think Choose works in class lines. Better to create a hidden
      feat that does the choose and bonus and then just use ADD:Feat(featname)
      on the class line.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
        CHOOSE is not a tag that can be used in the class file (despite it having a
        moniker of "Global").

        Put it in a hidden feat and give the feat to the class at the appropriate
        level.

        Barak

      • Evan Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
          > CHOOSE is not a tag that can be used in the class file (despite it having
          > moniker of "Global").
          >
          > Put it in a hidden feat and give the feat to the class at the appropriate
          > level.

          Thanks to all who replied. The hidden feat worked.

          Evan