Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [DOCS and...] CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED not working in Prestige Class

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
      Evan Miller scribed:

      > I have the following on a numeric class level line:
      >
      > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
      > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance
      >
      > However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills on the
      > pc ;)
      > I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the docs) and that didn't
      > work either.

      The Docs do say that CHOOSE does not (in general) work in class lines.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
        > I have the following on a numeric class level line:
        >
        > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
        > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance
        >
        > However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills
        > on the pc ;) I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the
        > docs) and that didn't work either.
        >
        > Skill Focus fromt he rsrd files works just fine and gets the chooser
        > pop. (And as a side note: the docs say TYPE=, but the Skill Focus
        > feat uses TYPE. So you may want to update the docs.)
        >
        > Any ideas? Is this a bug of some sort?

        I don't think Choose works in class lines. Better to create a hidden
        feat that does the choose and bonus and then just use ADD:Feat(featname)
        on the class line.
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
          CHOOSE is not a tag that can be used in the class file (despite it having a
          moniker of "Global").

          Put it in a hidden feat and give the feat to the class at the appropriate
          level.

          Barak

        • Evan Miller
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
            > CHOOSE is not a tag that can be used in the class file (despite it having
            > moniker of "Global").
            >
            > Put it in a hidden feat and give the feat to the class at the appropriate
            > level.

            Thanks to all who replied. The hidden feat worked.

            Evan