[DOCS and...] CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED not working in Prestige Class

  • Evan Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
      I have the following on a numeric class level line:

      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance

      However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills on the
      pc ;)
      I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the docs) and that didn't
      work either.

      Skill Focus fromt he rsrd files works just fine and gets the chooser pop.
      (And as a side note: the docs say TYPE=, but the Skill Focus feat uses TYPE.
      So you may want to update the docs.)

      Any ideas? Is this a bug of some sort?
    • Evan Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
        I just noticed that CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF isn't working for the class either.
        Can these only be on the CLASS line?

        Evan

        >I have the following on a numeric class level line:
        >
        > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
        > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance
        >
        > However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills on
        > the
        > pc ;)
        > I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the docs) and that
        > didn't
        > work either.
        >
        > Skill Focus fromt he rsrd files works just fine and gets the chooser pop.
        > (And as a side note: the docs say TYPE=, but the Skill Focus feat uses
        > TYPE.
        > So you may want to update the docs.)
        >
        > Any ideas? Is this a bug of some sort?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
          Evan Miller scribed:

          > I have the following on a numeric class level line:
          >
          > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
          > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance
          >
          > However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills on the
          > pc ;)
          > I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the docs) and that didn't
          > work either.

          The Docs do say that CHOOSE does not (in general) work in class lines.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
            > I have the following on a numeric class level line:
            >
            > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
            > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|3|TYPE=Circumstance
            >
            > However, i get no chooser pop-up. (and yes, i have Knowledge skills
            > on the pc ;) I tried changing it to TYPE=Knowledge (as shown in the
            > docs) and that didn't work either.
            >
            > Skill Focus fromt he rsrd files works just fine and gets the chooser
            > pop. (And as a side note: the docs say TYPE=, but the Skill Focus
            > feat uses TYPE. So you may want to update the docs.)
            >
            > Any ideas? Is this a bug of some sort?

            I don't think Choose works in class lines. Better to create a hidden
            feat that does the choose and bonus and then just use ADD:Feat(featname)
            on the class line.
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
              CHOOSE is not a tag that can be used in the class file (despite it having a
              moniker of "Global").

              Put it in a hidden feat and give the feat to the class at the appropriate
              level.

              Barak

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
                > CHOOSE is not a tag that can be used in the class file (despite it having
                > moniker of "Global").
                >
                > Put it in a hidden feat and give the feat to the class at the appropriate
                > level.

                Thanks to all who replied. The hidden feat worked.

                Evan