Help for customisation

  • pkukwork
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
      Hello,

      I am trying to create the Hexblade class from the Complete Warrior for
      my own campaign, and I have two small problems:

      When I enter this:

      1 AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Martial FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon
      Proficiency|Martial Weapon Proficiency FEATAUTO:Armor Proficiency
      (Light) DEFINE:HexBladeCurseNo|0 BONUS:VAR|HexBladeCurseNo|1
      DEFINE:HexBladeCurseEff|2 SA:Hexblade's Curse (Su; As ... blah blah
      ... The target of a hexblade's curse takes a -% penalty on ... blah
      blah ... A successful Will save (DC %) negates the effect. This power
      is usable %/day)|HexBladeCurseEff|10+CHA+(CLASSLEVEL/2)|HexBladeCurseNo

      The output looks correct, but the formula 10+CHA+(CLASSLEVEL/2) does
      not ake the class level into account in the computation. I also have
      tried with CL instead, with the same wrong result.

      Also, when I enter this:

      12 DEFINE:AuraOfUnluckNo|0 BONUS:VAR|AuraOfUnluckNo|1 SA:Aura of
      Unluck (Su; ... blah blah ... unluck is active has a 20% miss chance
      (similar to the effect of concealment)... blah blah ... the aura lasts
      for % rounds.This power is usable
      %/day)|3+CHA|AuraOfUnluckNo

      It works reasonnably well, but the "%" from the "has a 20% miss
      chance" gets replaces by the 3+CHA value. How do I "escape" the "%" to
      avoid it being converted ?

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Philippe
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
        > The output looks correct, but the formula 10+CHA+(CLASSLEVEL/2) does
        > not ake the class level into account in the computation. I also have
        > tried with CL instead, with the same wrong result.

        10+CHA+(CL/2) would be correct. However, I always suggest (and for our
        official release files, it is required) putting what you want in an SA into
        a VAR and trackering it there. Then just reference the VAR in the SA.

        > It works reasonnably well, but the "%" from the "has a 20% miss
        > chance" gets replaces by the 3+CHA value. How do I "escape" the "%" to
        > avoid it being converted ?

        I thought %% would show a % sign in the output, but I can't remember. You
        might have to use something like 'pct.'

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • pkukwork
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
          <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:

          Thanks for your answer, however:

          > > The output looks correct, but the formula 10+CHA+(CLASSLEVEL/2) does
          > > not ake the class level into account in the computation. I also have
          > > tried with CL instead, with the same wrong result.
          >
          > 10+CHA+(CL/2) would be correct. However, I always suggest (and for our
          > official release files, it is required) putting what you want in an
          SA into
          > a VAR and trackering it there. Then just reference the VAR in the SA.

          OK, it did the job, thanks.

          > > It works reasonnably well, but the "%" from the "has a 20% miss
          > > chance" gets replaces by the 3+CHA value. How do I "escape" the "%" to
          > > avoid it being converted ?
          >
          > I thought %% would show a % sign in the output, but I can't
          remember. You
          > might have to use something like 'pct.'

          No, %% does not create a %, it replaces the next two variables... :(

          I have put "percent", but it still looks a bit uglier than it should... :)

          Philippe
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
            > 10+CHA+(CL/2) would be correct. However, I always suggest

            Does that work on class level lines now? The requirement for
            "CL=<classname>" is no more?

            Barak
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
              Correct. I've been going through the repository and removing the old CL=,
              since it makes it easier to .MOD and use the LST editors for customization.

              CL=<classname> is still needed outside of class.lst, and for referencing any
              class outside of the class it is located in.

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp

              > > 10+CHA+(CL/2) would be correct. However, I always suggest
              >
              > Does that work on class level lines now? The requirement for
              > "CL=<classname>" is no more?
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
                As PCGen does not have permission to distribute WotC IP, please keep your requests for help generic. Thank you.

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

                I am trying to create the Hexblade class from the Complete Warrior for my own campaign, and I have two small problems: