Re: MSRD Future equipment

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
      > > Cant COST take a formula?

      Yes

      Then you can just have a variable defined by
      > something
      > > or other (gamemode? template?) and it can be COST:Pl*2 or something
      > similar, just
      > > need to define the base variable.

      but, it can't take any and all vars. Look at
      docs/listfilepages/datafilestagpages/datafilesequipmentmodifiers.html
      Under COST there is a listing of accepted hard vars.
      I don't know if it'll take DEFINE vars as I've never tried it.

      > define basePL variable.
      > define a cost formula that looks something like:
      >
      > new cost = (abs(basePL - equipPL) * 2) + originalcost
      >
      > That would increase the cost DC by 2 for every progress level away from
      > my current one the item is defined. I don't know if I want to do that
      > for *every* piece of equipment, though.

      What might be better is to create PLplus/minus eqmods.
      For ex, for an item made at 1 level higher than its base level apply
      the PLplus1 eqmod and have the eqmod use
      BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTMULT/WEIGHTDIV to alter weights and BONUS:ITEMCOST,
      COST and COSTPRE as appropriate to alter the costs.
      If increasing the pl by 1 (or 2 or decreasing etc) always has the same
      effect this will work.

      As kinda of example , in one of our campaign the DM has declared that
      magic armors and shields are alway 20% lighter than masterwork/normal
      due to the enchantments and has a few other improvements. I made the
      following eqmod:
      Vornar Armor
      KEY:V_ARMR
      TYPE:Armor.Shield
      COST:0
      VISIBLE:QUALIFY
      SOURCEPAGE:Vornar magic special
      PREMULT:2,[PRETYPE:Enhancement],[PRETYPE:Armor|Shield]
      BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTDIV|5
      BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTMULT|4
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-5