Re: PSION INCARNATE

  • James Blakeney
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 26, 2005
      Yikes, so I'll have to keep track of all the psionic classes? Hmmm can
      I qualify with a PRE tag?
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar"
      <mhgj@e...> wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "James Blakeney"
      > <jamesblakeney@y...> wrote:
      > > I created these 2 for the psion uncarnate class. CL is incorrect as
      > > the effect is total manifester levels. How I do this?
      >

      > (var("CL=baseclass")+var("BL=baseclass"))
      >
      > casterlevel of base class (psion, psy war, etc) +
      > bonus casterlevels applied to base class.
      >

      > > SPELLS:Innate|Times=3|CASTERLEVEL=CL|Telekinetic
      > > Force,14+BASESPELLSTAT|!PRETEMPLATE:Incorporeal
      > >
      > > SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=-1|CASTERLEVEL=CL|Telekinetic
      > > Force,14+BASESPELLSTAT|PRETEMPLATE:Incorporeal
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 26, 2005
        > Yikes, so I'll have to keep track of all the psionic classes? Hmmm can
        > I qualify with a PRE tag?

        Isn't there a ManifesterLvl variable set in the data that you can check
        against?

        It's what we did for the CMP sets to save headaches.

        Actually, I think we had to do two VARs because Psion and Psychic
        Warrior levels don't stack IIRC... (or maybe not in certain
        instances... I can't remember exactly why, but I'm fairly sure we ended
        up with a VAR for each).

        Barak
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2005
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
          > > Yikes, so I'll have to keep track of all the psionic classes? Hmmm can
          > > I qualify with a PRE tag?
          >
          > Isn't there a ManifesterLvl variable set in the data that you can check
          > against?
          >
          > It's what we did for the CMP sets to save headaches.
          >
          > Actually, I think we had to do two VARs because Psion and Psychic
          > Warrior levels don't stack IIRC... (or maybe not in certain
          > instances... I can't remember exactly why, but I'm fairly sure we ended
          > up with a VAR for each).

          Barak if you only have two, you're short about three (however, you do
          say "I'm fairly sure we ended up with a VAR for each" so you probably
          have five in XPH, three base, two prestige with base manifesting ability).
          Every base manifester class (class with KNOWN tags) needs one.
          Manifester levels (read casterlevels in pcgen) don't stack across base
          manifester classes. Some PrC's add to manifester levels for base power
          points available *(among other things, range, duration, etc), others
          are base manifester classes in and of themselves and can have other
          PrC's add to their manifester level for base power points *.

          In the ogl set srd/rsrd/msrd there is a manifestlvl var set on each
          base manifester class. For psion it's PsionML, etc.
          In rsrd_classes_psionic.lst look under Psion in the section labeled:
          ###Block: Psionic subtype, BasePowerPoints, BonusPowerPoints
          It explains some of this briefly.
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2005
            Too do it the way you have it coded, yes.

            As soon as I have time (sunday, maybe) I'll look at what you've been
            posting in-depth and see if I can make it generic, ie, pick the base
            manifesting class to apply against. I'm not gauranteeing anything
            though. The resaon it is like it is is I couldn't think of anything
            else. What you've posted ihas given me some help though. Really needs
            to be genericized (is that even a word?:-/)

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 26, 2005
              yeah esp if 2 psionic class qualify, you could split up the psion
              uncarnate between the classes. OOoh headache. Too many variation in
              multiclassing here. House rule, the level of the force effect is the
              manifesting level of the add spellcaster psionic on that level
              depending on what class you added it to. :)