RPGO Blood and Guts 2

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
      In RPG Object's Blood and Guts 2, MOSs are feats, and they grant access
      to other feats as bonus feats. In the advanced classes in this book,
      when you get a bonus feat, its based upon what MOS(s) you have which
      feats you can choose. Is there a more elegant solution than doing a
      hidden feat for each feat that can be a bonus feat?

      Also, there are feats that grant class skills or a +1 bonus if already
      a class skill. I can't recall, as a test been created yet to test for
      class skills? The Occupation method won't work, because that's a start
      up solution, and these feats can be taken throughout character
      progression.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
        On 8/12/05 10:39 AM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

        > In RPG Object's Blood and Guts 2, MOSs are feats, and they grant access
        > to other feats as bonus feats.

        Just curious, what does MOS stand for?

        > In the advanced classes in this book,
        > when you get a bonus feat, its based upon what MOS(s) you have which
        > feats you can choose. Is there a more elegant solution than doing a
        > hidden feat for each feat that can be a bonus feat?

        How exactly does that work? Does each MOS have a list of choosable bonus
        feats? Can you have one or more MOS feats?

        > Also, there are feats that grant class skills or a +1 bonus if already
        > a class skill. I can't recall, as a test been created yet to test for
        > class skills? The Occupation method won't work, because that's a start
        > up solution, and these feats can be taken throughout character
        > progression.

        Yes, PRECSKILL can be used in 5.9.1, check out the doc entry:
        <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/doc/doc/listfilepages/globalfilesta
        gpages/globalfilesprexxx.html#PRECSKILL>
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
          > Just curious, what does MOS stand for?

          Military Occupational Specialty

          > How exactly does that work? Does each MOS have a list of choosable
          > bonus feats? Can you have one or more MOS feats?

          You can have more than 1 MOS, yes. Choosing an MOS takes up one of
          your feats though. As how the bonus feats work, here's an example
          using MOS Armor. The listed bonus feats are:

          Air Assault Training, Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy),
          Cautious, Combat Driving, Drive-by Attack, Exotic Firearms
          Proficiency (tank/APC weapons), Far Shot, Gearhead, Jump School, MOS
          Mastery, Radar Operation, Surface Vehicle Operation (heavy wheeled or
          tracked), Teamwork, Vehicle Expert, Weapon Focus

          Now, you don't get these feats for picking MOS Armor. There are 5
          advanced classes in the book. At 3rd, 6th and 9th level for each
          class you get a bonus feat. The list you choose from is dictated on
          the list granted by your MOS.

          Does that make sense?

          > Yes, PRECSKILL can be used in 5.9.1, check out the doc entry:

          Cool, must've missed that. Now, does that test on the current class'
          CSKILL list, or on all class' CSKILL lists?

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
            > In RPG Object's Blood and Guts 2, MOSs are feats, and they grant access
            > to other feats as bonus feats. In the advanced classes in this book,
            > when you get a bonus feat, its based upon what MOS(s) you have which
            > feats you can choose. Is there a more elegant solution than doing a
            > hidden feat for each feat that can be a bonus feat?

            in the advanced class at the levels a bonus feat is given put multiple
            add:feat with the appropriate PREFEAT.

            You can use .MOD to add the appropriate MOS TYPE's to the individual
            feats.

            For example, MOS1 allows Improved Initiative/Combat Reflexes and MOS2
            allows Two Weapon Fighting/Weapon Finesse

            Improved Initiative.MOD TYPE:MOS1
            Combat Reflexes.MOD TYPE:MOS1
            Two Weapon Fighting.MOD TYPE:MOS2
            Weapon Finesse.MOD TYPE:MOS2

            then use
            ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS1)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS1
            ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS2)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS2

            Then only problem would be if someone got two or more MOS's.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
              On 8/12/05 11:11 AM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

              > then use
              > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS1)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS1
              > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS2)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS2

              I'm almost positive you can't put PRExxx tags on ADD tags.

              I'd love to be wrong thought :-)
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
                wrote:
                > On 8/12/05 11:11 AM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
                >
                > > then use
                > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS1)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS1
                > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS2)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS2
                >
                > I'm almost positive you can't put PRExxx tags on ADD tags.
                >
                > I'd love to be wrong thought :-)

                Well, he also mentioned in his next post that you can have multi MOS's
                so it won'y work as listed anyway.
              • Frank Kliewe
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                  >> Yes, PRECSKILL can be used in 5.9.1, check out the doc entry:
                  >
                  > Cool, must've missed that. Now, does that test on the current class'
                  > CSKILL list, or on all class' CSKILL lists?
                  >
                  > Paul W. King
                  > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                  I tried to use PRECSKILL in the Modern Player's Companion. Turned out it wasn't what I needed, but from my experience there it looks it uses the current class skills. That would include those from the current class and the global ones gained from outside a class line, like from the occupations.

                  Cheerio,

                  Frank Kliewe
                  PCGen Data Tamarin & OS Lemur

                  --
                  Me transmitte sursum, caledoni (Beam me up, Scotty)
                  James Doohan (March 9th, 1920 - July 20th, 2005)
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                    > You can have more than 1 MOS, yes. Choosing an MOS takes up one of
                    > your feats though. As how the bonus feats work, here's an example
                    > using MOS Armor. The listed bonus feats are:
                    >
                    > Air Assault Training, Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy),
                    > Cautious, Combat Driving, Drive-by Attack, Exotic Firearms
                    > Proficiency (tank/APC weapons), Far Shot, Gearhead, Jump School, MOS
                    > Mastery, Radar Operation, Surface Vehicle Operation (heavy wheeled or
                    > tracked), Teamwork, Vehicle Expert, Weapon Focus
                    >
                    > Now, you don't get these feats for picking MOS Armor. There are 5
                    > advanced classes in the book. At 3rd, 6th and 9th level for each
                    > class you get a bonus feat. The list you choose from is dictated on
                    > the list granted by your MOS.
                    >
                    > Does that make sense?

                    Yep. Add the MOS to the TYPE in the feats listed as allowed by the MOS
                    and then use ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOSname) in the relevant class lines.

                    Actually, you may have to put an intermediary feat in there with
                    PREFEAT:1,MOSfeatname, but it can be done.

                    Barak

                    > > Yes, PRECSKILL can be used in 5.9.1, check out the doc entry:
                    >
                    > Cool, must've missed that. Now, does that test on the current class'
                    > CSKILL list, or on all class' CSKILL lists?
                    >
                    > Paul W. King
                    > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                    >

                    > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--

                    href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hhbmhat/M=362329.6886308.7839368.151
                    0227/D=groups/S=1707281942:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123866401/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=1
                    1dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
                    > ">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!
                    </a>.</font>

                  • Chris
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                      > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS1)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS1
                      > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=MOS2)1|PREFEAT:1,MOS2

                      Err... last I knew ADD:FEAT didn't take PRExxx... only VFEAT does.

                      Or has that changed?

                      Barak
                    • Thomas Clegg
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                        I believe (if I did the code right for it), that it should be looking at the
                        global cskills, and the cskill for each class in turn. It's been a while
                        though since I did it so I could be mistaken.. :)

                        I'm using it in the Occupations file for Darwin's World 2, but there you
                        only have one class before choosing the occupation in any case.

                        Tom

                        _____

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                          Doing it this way, would I need to have the ADD:FEAT in the classes list *ever* MOS name? The reason I ask is there are other BnG2
                          books that have other MOSs in them.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                            As someone else pointed out, this approach doesn't work so well when you can
                            have more than one MOS (which would, I assume, allow you to choose from
                            either list when the level came)...

                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 12, 2005
                              That is correct. You can pick a qualifying bonus feat from any of your MOS lists.