Re: Adjusting BAB for one specific weapon

  • Andrew McDougall
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 25, 2005
      > This may be a bug but TL does include levels of TYPE.Monster as
      well as pure
      > hit dice when created in Default Monster Mode.
      >
      > So TL is total levels of anything.

      Dang-nabbit. I've only had to flush that bug how many times?????

      Yes, that's a code bug. Bad coders....

      And they never really wanted to go to a system of VARs that could
      actually be useful, like MD (Monster Dice), TEL (Total Effective
      Level - for those ppl that like the Savage Species method <shudder>),
      HD (total number of actual non-0 sized HD - again, for the Savage
      Species method believers), TCL (Total Character Level - you know,
      normal Class levels).... That sort of thing is much clearer than two
      letters that get re-interpreted by different coders and 'fixed'
      breaking things....

      <mutters while wandering back into his cave>

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2005
        On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 11:25:13AM -0000, Andrew McDougall wrote:
        >> I'm trying to code up a PI EQMOD for my character's use, but I'm
        >> stumped. I need an enhancement that will modify the characters Base
        >> Attack Bonus (and hence affect his number of attacks) but only when
        >> wielding this particular weapon.
        >>
        >> The EQMOD needs to raise the BAB to be 3/4 of TL, so for example a
        >> 16th level wizard using the weapon has his BAB raised from 8 to 12 and
        >> so his full attack is 12/7/2 with this modifier applied and 8/3
        >> without it.
        >
        > BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|(HD+TL)*3/4|TYPE=Base
        >
        > This will only show up when the particular weapon is actually
        > equipped (as opposed to carried).
        >
        > > Is it possible to show 3 attacks with this weapon and only 2 with
        > > all others?
        >
        > No, the BAB will get changed for the character when the weapon is
        > equipped...
        >
        > Ok, now if you want to really go out on a limb (I've done it lots,
        > like when I first did the MM Dragons, etc....) If you don't, stop
        > reading now.....
        >
        > I was thinking you might be able to do a workaround (using a formula
        > like floor(((HD+TL)*3/4+4)/5)-floor((var("BONUS.COMBAT.BAB")+4)/5) ),
        > but I can't figure a way to adjust it for a specific weapon. Unless
        > BONUS:WEAPON|ATTACKS (or something similar) is valid...

        It is indeed.

        > BONUS:WEAPON|ATTACKS|floor(((HD+TL)*3/4+4)/5)-floor((var
        > ("BONUS.COMBAT.BAB")+4)/5)
        >
        > BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|max((HD+TL)*3/4,BAB)-BAB

        In case anyone was interested, I got this to work

        BONUS:WEAPON|ATTACKS|max(floor(((HD+TL)-floor((HD+TL+3)/4)-BAB+4)/5),0)
        BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|max((HD+TL)*3/4,BAB)-BAB

        Raises the attack bonus and the number of attacks with the weapon it's
        applied to and only the weapon it's applied to. :-)

        Thanks again for the help Tir.

        andrew
        --
        Taurus: (April. 20 - May 20)
        In times of war, man must adopt the countenance of the tiger. But
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30, 2005
          On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 03:15:11PM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
          > In case anyone was interested, I got this to work
          >
          > BONUS:WEAPON|ATTACKS|max(floor(((HD+TL)-floor((HD+TL+3)/4)-BAB+4)/5),0)
          > BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|max((HD+TL)*3/4,BAB)-BAB
          >
          > Raises the attack bonus and the number of attacks with the weapon it's
          > applied to and only the weapon it's applied to. :-)

          Damn! it's not working. The extra attack is going in at the highest
          number instead of 5 less than the current lowest. I suppose that's
          sensible enough, most extra attacks granted are at the highest attack
          bonus, but this one shouldn't be.

          andrew
          --
          Taurus: (April. 20 - May 20)
          Certainly, the praying mantis is a fearsome-looking creature, but up