RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding new class

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2002
      Zip up the files and post them here, I will take a look at them as soon
      as I can.

      Mynex

      - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The Sleepless
      One, The Code Badger, #1 Evil assistant

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 17, 2002
          Mynex wrote:

          > Zip up the files and post them here, I will take a look at them as soon
          > as I can.

          Here they come
        • zodar6
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
            In your PCC file you need to define what type of file you're loading.
            In your case it should look like this:

            CLASS:@\customsources\Rge\Archerclass.lst
            CLASSSKILL:@\customsources\Rge\Archerskilllist.lst

            Also look at any other PCC file for definition of source, game, rank
            etc.

            Mike Sledge

            - List Howler Monkey
          • Peter Andersson
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
              zodar6 wrote:

              > In your PCC file you need to define what type of file you're loading.
              > In your case it should look like this:
              >
              > CLASS:@\customsources\Rge\Archerclass.lst
              > CLASSSKILL:@\customsources\Rge\Archerskilllist.lst

              I have make the dir custom2 in customsources and there I have 3 files

              custom2.pcc

              CAMPAIGN:Custom Source Material - Return to RGE
              GAME:DnD
              RANK:9
              SOURCE:Peter Andersson

              CLASS:archerclass.lst
              CLASSSKILL:archerskill.lst

              archerclass.lst

              # CN = Class Name Al = Alignments Character Can Be HD = Hit Die SP =
              Starting Skill Points F = Starting

              Feats SS = Spell Stat ST = Spell Type AR = Attack Rating FS = Fortitude
              Save RS = Reflex Save WS =

              Willpower Save CWA = Class Automatically gets these Weapons MBABR =
              Minimum Base Attack Bonus to Qualify for this class
              # RSCT = Required Spell Casting Type to be this class RS = Required
              Skill to be this class RF = Required Feat to be this

              class CA = Class Abbreviation CML = Class Maximum Level RR = Required
              Race to be this Class

              SCA = Special Class Abilities RSS = Required Spell School CT = Class
              Type RD = Required Deity
              # SG = Starting Gold SM = Source Material LB = Language Bonus SMT =
              Spell Memorization Type LA = Language

              Automatically Start BT = Bonus Types CSAC = Cast Spells As Class KSSLC
              = Known Spells - See Level

              Chart RE = Required Equipment RUBAB = Required Unarmed Base Attack
              Bonus RWP = Required Weapon Proficiency
              # MRAS = Minimum Required Ability Score RSSS = Required Spell Sub-School
              PRS = Pre-Required Spell to be this class

              RC = Required Class to be this Prestige class RTM = Required to
              Memorize Spells PRSA = Pre-Required

              Special Ability RL = Required Languages to be this class MRST =
              Minimum Required Saving Throw (type

              Fort/Ref/Will)
              # DS = Define Special AA = Add Ability to class (feat/skill) CT = Class
              Type (PC/NPC/Template/Monster)

              SOURCE:Custom Source Material - Return to RGE
              #CN Al HD SP F SS ST AR FS RS WS CWA

              MBABR RF Source Material

              CLASS:Archer 012345678 10 4 0 WIS Divine G G B B

              WEAPONAUTO:SIMPLE|MARTIAL GOLD:6,4,10 ABB:ARC LANGAUTO:Literacy
              SOURCE:cust

              KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0|LEVEL=1|LEVEL=2|LEVEL=3|LEVEL=4 AGESET:1
              1 FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency|Armor Proficiency

              (Light)|Armor Proficiency (Medium)|Shield Proficiency|Martial Weapon
              Proficiency ADD:FEAT(Track,Shadow)

              ADD:Favored
              Enemy(Aberrations,Animals,Beasts,Constructs,Dragons,Elementals,Fey,Giants,Humanoid
              type,Magical

              beasts,Oozes,Orcs,Outsider type,Plants,Shapechangers,Undead,Vermin)
              VFEAT:Point Blank Shot|Rapid Shot
              4 CAST:0,0
              5

              CAST:0,0 ADD:Favored
              Enemy(Aberrations,Animals,Beasts,Constructs,Dragons,Elementals,Fey,Giants,Humanoid
              type,Magical

              beasts,Oozes,Orcs,Outsider type,Plants,Shapechangers,Undead,Vermin)
              6 CAST:0,1
              7 CAST:0,1
              8 CAST:0,1,0
              9

              CAST:0,1,0
              10 CAST:0,1,1 ADD:Favored

              Enemy(Aberrations,Animals,Beasts,Constructs,Dragons,Elementals,Fey,Giants,Humanoid
              type,Magical beasts,Oozes,Orcs,Outsider

              type,Plants,Shapechangers,Undead,Vermin)
              11 CAST:0,1,1,0
              12 CAST:0,1,1,1
              13 CAST:0,1,1,1
              14 CAST:0,2,1,1,0
              15

              CAST:0,2,1,1,1 ADD:Favored
              Enemy(Aberrations,Animals,Beasts,Constructs,Dragons,Elementals,Fey,Giants,Humanoid
              type,Magical

              beasts,Oozes,Orcs,Outsider type,Plants,Shapechangers,Undead,Vermin)
              16 CAST:0,2,2,1,1
              17 CAST:0,2,2,2,1
              18

              CAST:0,3,2,2,1
              19 CAST:0,3,3,3,2
              20 CAST:0,3,3,3,3 ADD:Favored

              Enemy(Aberrations,Animals,Beasts,Constructs,Dragons,Elementals,Fey,Giants,Humanoid
              type,Magical beasts,Oozes,Orcs,Outsider

              type,Plants,Shapechangers,Undead,Vermin)

              and last archerskill.lst

              SOURCE:Custom Source Material - Return to RGE#Class Name Class Skills
              (All skills are seperated by a pipe delimiter "|")
              archer Animal Empathy|Climb|Concentration|Craft |Handle
              Animal|Heal|Hide|Intuit Direction|Jump|Knowledge (Nature)|Listen|Move
              Silently|Profession |Ride|Search|Spot|Swim|Use Rope|Wilderness Lore

              > Also look at any other PCC file for definition of source, game, rank
              > etc.

              When I start pcgen 2.4.4 it shows up as custom.... and I can load it but
              when I load it and core D&D I cant find the class archer anywhere so
              there is a fault somewhere but I dont know where.

              /Peter
            • tir_gwaith
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
                With the word wrap, I can't tell if there is anything wrong. Can you
                UL the files into the List Files folder here, with all three files
                (either as a .zip or indivdually)? That way I can look at it and see
                what might be wrong.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp

                The other possible check would be what are you seeing in the Debug
                console after loading your .PCC? That can give clues as to what is
                wrong.

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., Peter Andersson <wolfbane@b...> wrote:
                > zodar6 wrote:
                > >
                > > In your PCC file you need to define what type of file you're
                > > In your case it should look like this:
                > >
                > > CLASS:@\customsources\Rge\Archerclass.lst
                > > CLASSSKILL:@\customsources\Rge\Archerskilllist.lst
                >
                > I have make the dir custom2 in customsources and there I have 3
                files

                > custom2.pcc
                >
                > CAMPAIGN:Custom Source Material - Return to RGE
                > GAME:DnD
                > RANK:9
                > SOURCE:Peter Andersson
                >
                > CLASS:archerclass.lst
                > CLASSSKILL:archerskill.lst
                >
                > archerclass.lst
                >
                > # CN = Class Name Al = Alignments Character Can Be HD =
                Hit Die SP =
                > Starting Skill Points F = Starting
                >
                > Feats SS = Spell Stat ST = Spell Type AR = Attack Rating FS =
                Fortitude
                > Save RS = Reflex Save WS =
                >
                > Willpower Save CWA = Class Automatically gets these Weapons
                MBABR =
                > Minimum Base Attack Bonus to Qualify for this class
                > # RSCT = Required Spell Casting Type to be this class RS = Required
                > Skill to be this class RF = Required Feat to be this
                >
                > class CA = Class Abbreviation CML = Class Maximum
                Level RR = Required
                > Race to be this Class
                >
                > SCA = Special Class Abilities RSS = Required Spell School
                CT = Class
                > Type RD = Required Deity
                > # SG = Starting Gold SM = Source Material LB = Language Bonus
                SMT =
                > Spell Memorization Type LA = Language
                >
                > Automatically Start BT = Bonus Types CSAC = Cast
                Spells As Class KSSLC
                > = Known Spells - See Level
                >
                > Chart RE = Required Equipment RUBAB = Required Unarmed Base
                Attack
                > Bonus RWP = Required Weapon Proficiency
                > # MRAS = Minimum Required Ability Score RSSS = Required Spell
                Sub-School
                > PRS = Pre-Required Spell to be this class
                >
                > RC = Required Class to be this Prestige class RTM =
                Required to
                > Memorize Spells PRSA = Pre-Required
                >
                > Special Ability RL = Required Languages to be this
                class MRST =
                > Minimum Required Saving Throw (type
                >
                > Fort/Ref/Will)
                > # DS = Define Special AA = Add Ability to class (feat/skill) CT =
                Class
                > Type (PC/NPC/Template/Monster)
                >
                > SOURCE:Custom Source Material - Return to RGE
                > #CN Al HD SP F
                SS ST AR FS RS WS CWA

> [...]
                umanoid
                > type,Magical beasts,Oozes,Orcs,Outsider
                >
                > type,Plants,Shapechangers,Undead,Vermin)
                >

                > and last archerskill.lst
                >
                > SOURCE:Custom Source Material - Return to RGE#Class Name
                Class Skills
                > (All skills are seperated by a pipe delimiter "|")
                > archer Animal Empathy|Climb|Concentration|Craft |Handle
                > Animal|Heal|Hide|Intuit Direction|Jump|Knowledge (Nature)
                |Listen|Move
                > Silently|Profession |Ride|Search|Spot|Swim|Use Rope|Wilderness Lore
                >
                > > Also look at any other PCC file for definition of source, game,
                rank
                > > etc.
                >
                > When I start pcgen 2.4.4 it shows up as custom.... and I can load
                it but
                > when I load it and core D&D I cant find the class archer anywhere so
                > there is a fault somewhere but I dont know where.

              • Peter Andersson
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 17, 2002
                  tir_gwaith wrote:

                  > With the word wrap, I can't tell if there is anything wrong. Can you
                  > UL the files into the List Files folder here, with all three files
                  > (either as a .zip or indivdually)? That way I can look at it and see
                  > what might be wrong.

                  All 3 files are uploaded and I think a mail went out for all 3 of them.

                  > The other possible check would be what are you seeing in the Debug
                  > console after loading your .PCC? That can give clues as to what is
                  > wrong.

                  All it says is

                  RANK: 9 GAME: DnD tempGame: DnD

                  /Peter
                • tir_gwaith
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 17, 2002
                    Ok, I have to get to work for a few hours. I'll look at them when I
                    get back.

                    Tir Gwaith
                    LST Chimp