Re: Armor and Walk Speed Issue

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 27, 2005
      It depends, does it only affect the speed or does it affect all
      aspects of encumbrance? The ARMORTYPE tag changes the type for all
      purposes.

      > Ah, so since the PGtA (Player's Guide to Arcanis) is saying the
      > speed for this particular medium armor is normal speeds, I need to
      > code it as light armor to get the speed right.
      >
      > > > I added a piece of armor and it is slowing my walk speed down to
      > 20
      > > > for some reason. Anyone see anything wrong?
      > > >
      > > > Equipment File
      > > > Lorica Segmentata
      > > > TYPE:Armor.Medium.Suit.Standard.Metal.ExoticArmor COST:300
      > > > WT:25 SOURCEPAGE:PGtA p.243 ACCHECK:-3 MAXDEX:4
      > > > BONUS:SLOTS|ARMOR|1 SPELLFAILURE:25
      > > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
      > > >
      > > > WeaponsProf File
      > > > #Exotic Armor
      > > > Lorica Segmentata TYPE:ExoticArmor
    • Shelley
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 27, 2005
        First item - she not he.

        Second, where to I put this code? On the armor itself in the
        equipment file?

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar"
        <mhgj@e...> wrote:
        > > I think he wants the actual tag which changes from medium to
        light.

        > > ARMORTYPE:Medium|Light
        > >
        > > is what he's looking for.
        > >
        > > You may have to create an eqmod that applies only that as I
        don't know
        > > it it'll work directly on a equipment line.
        >
        > After a quick test, ARMORTYPE won't work in an equipment file so
        > you'll need to add an eqmod to use.
        >
        > Medium to Light Armor Adjustment
        > KEY:MED_LGT_ARMR
        > TYPE:Armor
        > COST:0
        > VISIBLE:NO
        > SOURCEPAGE:xx
        > PRETYPE:2,Armor,Medium
        > ARMORTYPE:Medium|Light
        > ASSIGNTOALL:NO
        >
        > Heavy to Medium Armor Adjustment
        > KEY:HVY_MED_ARMR
        > TYPE:Armor
        > COST:0
        > VISIBLE:NO
        > SOURCEPAGE:xx
        > PRETYPE:2,Armor,Heavy
        > ARMORTYPE:Heavy|Medium
        > ASSIGNTOALL:NO
        >
        > If the armor has another other prereqs, you'll to add a PREMULT and
        > put the PRETYPE above in it with any other requirements.
        >
        > Then add the KEY to an EQMOD tag on the armor line itself.
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 27, 2005
          > First item - she not he.

          Sorry, I always type in the generic he unless I know the person FTF.

          > Second, where to I put this code? On the armor itself in the
          > equipment file?
          > > Medium to Light Armor Adjustment
          > > KEY:MED_LGT_ARMR
          > > TYPE:Armor
          > > COST:0
          > > VISIBLE:NO
          > > SOURCEPAGE:xx
          > > PRETYPE:2,Armor,Medium
          > > ARMORTYPE:Medium|Light
          > > ASSIGNTOALL:NO
          > >
          > > Heavy to Medium Armor Adjustment
          > > KEY:HVY_MED_ARMR
          > > TYPE:Armor
          > > COST:0
          > > VISIBLE:NO
          > > SOURCEPAGE:xx
          > > PRETYPE:2,Armor,Heavy
          > > ARMORTYPE:Heavy|Medium
          > > ASSIGNTOALL:NO

          These need to go into a custom eqmod file.

          > > If the armor has another other prereqs, you'll to add a PREMULT and
          > > put the PRETYPE above in it with any other requirements.
          > >
          > > Then add the KEY to an EQMOD tag on the armor line itself.

          EQMOD:MED_LGT_ARMR
          goes on the armor itself.
          Or add to an existing EQMOD with "|"
          ie EQMOD:STEEL|MED_LGT_ARMR
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 27, 2005
            > Or add to an existing EQMOD with "|"
            > ie EQMOD:STEEL|MED_LGT_ARMR

            Gak! Not unless it changed yesterday... it's period "." delimited, not
            pipe.

            Barak
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 27, 2005
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
              > > Or add to an existing EQMOD with "|"
              > > ie EQMOD:STEEL|MED_LGT_ARMR
              >
              > Gak! Not unless it changed yesterday... it's period "." delimited, not
              > pipe.

              I don't ever use it (hard code the items for personal use) so it
              must've changed since last I looked at it.